“A restaurant that always makes you feel at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Berulia

Villa Berulia
107 E 34th St, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)
(212) 689-1970
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“A restaurant that always makes you feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Been patronizing this resaturant for over 10 years. Based on my Amex annual summary it is always the one place I return to regularly when i am in NYC. The food is alwasy good and the service attentive. However, that applies to a great deal of places. What makes this restaurant unique is that you are always made to feel like you are a regular and warmly welcomed.

• Visited December 2011

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“They celebrated their 30th anniversary recently, and I know why!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I had the great fortune to work around the corner from this restaurant in Manhattan when they first opened their doors. In the ensuing 30 years I've eaten there more times than I could possibly count and I've aged along with the restaurant and the owners, John and Maria Ivanac (brother and sister.) They are nearly always on duty at the door welcoming the customers and new friends.

On every visit the food and service is excellent. Their menu offers a wide range of items, including some of the best seafood I've ever eaten. Their pasta dishes are terrific including an excellent Risotto. The servers are all very knowledgeable and the best way to discover their food is to take their recommendations.

This is a memorable, fun and delightful restaurant. I know you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Family owned old world style italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I've eaten here many times and even had them cater a party for me. Wonderful steaks, chops, Italian specialties. I had the poached salmon with dill sauce the last time I was there and it was the best I have ever had. The service is impeccable. Great for a romantic date.

• Visited July 2011
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Villa Berulia perfectly matched our vision of a great New York restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is a quiet restaurant with subdued lighting and defined separate areas that provide an intimate atmosphere. They served the best bread we had in NYC and perfect salads with just the right amount of dressing.
One out of three of us was disappointed with the entree - she chose the ravioli with vodka sauce and it was way too salty. I had the fish with almonds which was perfect and my husband had the veal marsala, also excellent.
The Neapolitan cake and coffee were a perfect finish to the meal.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“nice but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

this is from a prior posting we entered on city search....

My girlfriend and I had dined at Villa Berulia on 10/17/05. The atmosphere and service were excellent, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the food. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I've read other reviews saying how bright the place is and I don't agree. I found it comfortable and cozy. I've also read how it's for the 'older crowd'...I suppose people over 40 need a place to go too....but I would go there no matter my age.
Pros: excellent service, romantic, comfortable
Cons: food lacking

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere