“Traditional & World-Class Sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi Yasuda

Sushi Yasuda
204 E 43rd St, New York City, NY 10017-4713 (Midtown)
212-972-1001
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Traditional & World-Class Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've dined at many renowned sushi restaurants in NYC and Sushi Yasuda is one of them. What stands out to me with respect to Sushi Yasuda is its overall traditional and minimal approach.

There is a strong attention to detail and a clean feel to everything--from the website, to the bamboo interior, to the sushi presentation itself. We had the omakase and it certainly met our high expectations. I'd like to go here again soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“Sushi Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This wonderful place is intimate, refine, simple, elegant and the sushi is simply wonderful. Try to chefs selection for a real treat...including oysters when we visited. Expensive and worth it.

Visited June 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Sushi Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Wherever I travel I must always find a great sushi place. After researching…this gem stood out far above all the rest. This was the most traditional Japanese sushi experience I have ever encountered. I highly recommend dining at the sushi bar.

Visited January 2014
“Friday Night Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This was chosen by a simple search for sushi restaurants. Ear the hotel that we booked. Reviews recommended booking at least 2 weeks in advance which we did in order to to sit at the sushi bar and have our own personal sushi chef.

The chef asked what we liked and we simply left it to him. I'm not sure how many courses he served but it must have been between 15 and 20 ranging from tuna and salmon to Sal and sea urchin. The restaurant has simple surroundings and drinks are either beer or saki.

We ate until the chef realised we could eat no more. This type of meal is expensive but the service, quality of food and atmosphere were outstanding. If you're in NYC and like sushi then book this place well in advance. Awesome

Visited June 2014
“When I see local Japanese in a Japanese restaurant , I realize I'm in the right place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Sushi Yasuda seems very understated when it comes to the decor and the environment. But once you have tasted the food, that's what gets you quickly to change your attitude.WOW!
Don't go there expecting Zuma or Nobu cuisine, go there for authentic sushi and Sashimi.
Exceptional service from helpful staff, and best part is they do not expect any extra gratuity on the bill....love it!! Who else does that in the US, let alone NYC....

Visited May 2014