“Great after show dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playwright Celtic Pub

Playwright Celtic Pub
732 8th Ave, Between 45th Street & 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
(212) 354-8404
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
South Florida
“Great after show dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stopped by after a show. Great food friendly service and good drinks. A little crowded even for a Monday night but the service was very good.

Visited August 2012

Gorizia, Italy
“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited New York in September 2011 and a friend of mine from NJ suggested me we could go have lunch in this beautiful place! The service is really good, as soon as you get to a table they give you the menu and fill your glass with fresh water. A great welcoming that doesn't happen at all in my country (Italy). The food was delicious, too bad that I only have been there once, if I go back to NY one day, I'll definitely go back there :) Really worth it!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cranford, New Jersey
“Poor customer service but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Excited to visit this Irish Pub with my $25 gift certificate from Restaurants.com. It was not indicated that there are 3 Playwright Celtic Pubs in NYC.....I went to the west 49th bet. broadway and 7th. Same organization but the west 49th street location would not honor my gift certificate. In fact I was told, "we're not holding you here". Since we were starving and hot we decided to stay, the food was good but I couldn't believe the 2 managers I spoke to had the same flip attitude. I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a way to honor this as they all are under the same organization.

My only recourse is to redeem my $25 certificate at the 8th avenue restaurant......

Talk about "luck of the Irish," my grandma Murphy would not be pleased.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Secane Pa
“Awesome food & people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in to grab a bite and hide from the rain. Shepherds pie, garlic chicken and pub burger were great. The chocolate mousse cake is amazing. Can't wait to go back!

Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at Radio City Apartments, W. 49th St for 7 nights in June. Great location for the theatres. BUT, for me, finding a warm, cosy, friendly, yet busy Irish/American pub, 150 metres away on the same street. Boy was I happy. This was my home away from home for 7 days and nights. We would do the usual touristy things and in the afternoon I could retreat to the Celtic, in the middle of the City. I was always met with a warm welcome from the staff, Al and Johnny stand out, great people. Met some locals in the construction industry, (Tommy) and had some great yarns. The beers were good and the food typical pub food. No complaints at all. Terrific place. One of the attractions was the guy who sat out the front as an encourager ( tout). For knowledge on what to do, where to go, the wisdom of life, he was second to none. A lovely guy. If you're looking for a nice, well run, friendly pub/bar/restaurant, this is it for me. Thanks guys, I'll be back.

• Visited June 2012