“Delicious and a celebrity siting to boot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Gattopardo

Il Gattopardo
13 W 54th Street, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10019-5417 (Manhattan)
212-246-0412
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Gattopardo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave.
Texas
“Delicious and a celebrity siting to boot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

You could walk by this place and never see it if you were not looking. Very inconspicuous but you know it has to be good when you walk in at 9PM Sunday night and it is hopping and Rod Stewart is sitting at a table! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Can't wait to go back and take my husband to try it.

Visited December 2013

“Very, very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

When daughter made reservations here, I was happy to see the good reviews. We were given a gracious welcome by the maitre d' which continued with the smiling girl that checked our coats and the attentive waiter. I appreciated that he complimented my lower price-range wine choice. (I had the opposite experience at another midtown Italian restaurant.) We enjoyed the small plate of complimentary appetizers and desserts that were brought to our table. We loved our entrees (risotto, roast chicken and sea bream) and sides.

We look forward to a return trip to NYC and another fabulous experience at Il Gattopardo.

• Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic food, even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We wanted to show my 5 year old niece a fancy NY city restaurant after her first broadway show and boy did Il Gattopardo deliver! The maitre d' treated her like a princess ("did you just come in from fashion week?"). We were worried that they would not appreciate having a child in the restaurant, so we booked early (6:00). I would not describe the restaurant as child-friendly in the least. But for well-behaved little girl, it was perfect. They put us in the back corner and brought her a shirley temple. She was in heaven. The waiter was equally effusive about my niece, so much so that she wanted to leave him a tip herself - a ticket she had won a Chuck E Cheese.

The food did not disappoint. The fish I had was light and flaky. I will go back for a great Italian meal in midtown the next time I am in town. It is a great spot away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Thanks again Il Gattopardo!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“A Return Visit is in Order”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We tried Il Gattopardo based on a recommendation made by our concierge. It was a short walk from our hotel and located downstairs in the lovely old Rockefeller townhouse area. There was a separate small bar and several small tables. The menu included a wide variety of pastas, meats, and seafood choices. I liked having numerous possibilities for a single glass of wine that could be enjoyed with the meal.

My selection was a special risotto dish featured that evening. It included small shrimp with a great flavor. A spicy rigatoni was recommended and also tried at my table. I continued to hear, "It's really good" over and over. To offset the taste of the risotto, I selected a pistachio gelato for dessert. Three scoops were tasty and a good finish to a lovely meal.

The restaurant was noisy, and that was a negative if you wanted to enjoy an evening of quiet conversation. Ask for a table away from the door if the weather outside is cold. When the door opened, the breeze came in.

• Visited January 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went early for Sunday brunch. For a while, I was the only person in the restaurant, and I felt watched by the staff. As other customers arrived, they were busy. I had a salad and the omelet. Both were excellent, and portions were nice. I asked the waiter ton recommend a wine, and it was also delicious. Service was attentive, and I was not rushed as a lone diner. Nice atmosphere too.

• Visited January 2014