“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Gattopardo

Il Gattopardo
13 W 54th Street, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10019-5417 (Manhattan)
212-246-0412
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Gattopardo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave.
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to Il Gattopardo on Thanksgiving and we had the small meatball lasagna and the spicy rigatoni. It was delicious and just writing about it makes me want to go back.

Visited November 2013

ft worth
“Rude with good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were 12 minutes late for our reservations because we were waiting for Godot. The maître d announced briskly "If you want to eat here you have one minute to order!" We had a minute, so we accepted. The maître d and our waiter were fortunately not related...at least in demeanor and personality. The waiter was polite. He brought us a wonderful wine that was under $70. Rigatoni was delightfully spicy, and the beef and veal meatballs were outa this world. The spaghetti with shaved truffles was the maître d's revenge. He shaved a paucity of white truffles that barely made it to the plate. Our punishment at $80 for an half order was indeed punishing. The place is elegant, as I am sure are the regulars. But we won't go back, even if Godot is there waiting for us.

DC
“Italian with charm and a nice buz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I came back here this month after a first visit last year with my wife. Warm ambiance with a nice busy buz but not overly hectic or loud. Food is solid Italian but not overly traditional. My appetizer of meatballs wrapped in cabbage leaves and pasta with bottarga and garlic where very well done. Wines by the glass were very good but a tad limited in choice. Best to have a reservation bu there are a few small tables at the bar.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A really great Italian restaurant, superb food, and attentive and charming staff. When we arrived it felt very cold, and, when asked, the staff were happy to turn off the aircon instead of the usual "it's the aircon".

A really great night out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“I couldn't stop going back here to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am such an Italian food snob, I took recommendation from a trusted source, and went here for dinner. The staff were so attentive, the food so wonderfully prepared, the prices so reasonable, and the wine list so nice, I returned after the Rangers hockey game for a small plate of pasta (as a nightcap). New faces that night, but equally attentive, food even more outstanding than the night before, if possible. So what did I do for lunch on my way to the airport the day I left? Yes. I went to Il Gattopardo. Try the sciallatelli and the fish special whatever day you go. The paccheri was also excellent. As was the clam linguine. As was the pork. And the wine, And the dessert... you get the idea. Tell Giuseppe Minnesota says hello.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere