“Great Sicilian-style pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lazzara's Pizza Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,190 of 11,748 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th Ave.
Transit: 5 Minute walk from Penn Station & Port Authority
Description: 5 Minute walk from Madison Square Garden, Macy's Herald Square,Time Square & Javitz Center.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great Sicilian-style pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Ate on my own on a quiet weekday evening - waitstaff were friendly and chatty. Pizza was great - really thin, crispy crust, tasty sauce. Good midtown location - there's a lot of crappy tourist places round this area, but it's worth taking the extra couple of minutes to find this place - it seemed pretty popular with the locals for takeout, too. If I had a complaint it's that it was a little pricey, but hey, it's New York.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Innerleithen, United Kingdom
“Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Dinner on 24th October. Ordered a whole pizza pie to myself. Sicilian style rectangular pizza. Delicious. Wife also had one but couldn't finish, and i must admit it was a struggle to finish mine but i would not be defeated. No regrets!

Visited October 2012
“Decent but disappointing and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to this place for our first food stop in NYC, based on the personal recommendation from our hotel concierge. Charming location and interior. Waitress was fairly rude but did at least tell us that one pizza would not be enough food for the four of us (2 moms & 2 girls). Dirty water glasses for 2 of us, and she seemed put out when I asked for a clean ones. We ordered a cheese and a Hawaiian and both were good. Not sure if it was because we were starving or if they really were that good. Rectangle, Sicilian style pizzas. The Hawaiian was simply slices of deli ham with a canned pineapple ring on each slice. Lazy and uninventive to me, especially for $18. This was my first experience with this kind of pizza, so I had nothing to compare it to. The crust & sauce were fine but not exceptional. The mozzarella was fresh and good, best part of both pizzas. The girls and my friends raved over this pizza after the fact, but I found it to be nothing special. Personally, I wouldn't go back, simply because there are so many other great places to choose from in the city.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Try the PIZZA! TRY THE PIZZA!! MUST TRY THE PIZZA!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Did I get your attention that the pizza is good? I love thin crust pizza and was told to try this place in Hell's Kitchen. What a treat, I got "John's Pizza" and it was the best pizza I found in NYC. I kept hearing that you could get good pizza in NYC but had not been able to find it until here. This is the BEST PIZZA I found, fresh, made to order and PERFECT flavor. I love the location in Hell's Kitchen, off the main drag of the tourist traffic but yet easy to find. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE EXCELLENT PIZZA!!!!

Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were recommended by friends to check out this place and we were not disappointed. Sensational all round. If you are looking for authentic italian pizza and pasta you can't go past Lazzara's. The pizza had a thin crisp base and the toppings were all fresh and tasty. We loved the fried calamari and eggplant dish. We had lunch and dinner a number of times when in New York for two weeks. Staff were friendly and offered great service too. We have posted our favourite dishes. Definetily our favourite when New York.

• Visited September 2012