“Great service, good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Connolly's Pub

Connolly's Pub
121 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036-4004 (Midtown)
(212) 597-5126
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Connolly's Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #922 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway & 6 th Ave
Transit: Subway Times Square 1 2 3 N R W A C 7 S Rockerfeller 47th/Bryant Park: B D M F Grand Central 4 5 6 & Metro North
Irvine, California
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was looking for something close to my hotel where I could eat something semi-healthy, while enjoying a proper pint.

Connolly's was around the corner, and TA reviews were good.

Being a Friday night, the bar was packed and lively, so I requested a booth, and was seated right away.

The hostess/manager was very involved in "her" restaurant and the service showed that her attention to hospitality was being handed down. My server was tied down with quite a few tables, and the hostess/manager was helping cover her, as well as other tables. I liked that more than one person paid attention to tables. I was well taken care of.

I got the chicken wrap, and asked for a salad instead of fries, and no mayo, no bacon. My order came out perfect, and the overall meal and experience was better than I expected. When I am back in NYC, I will seek out a Connolly's, as the menu said they had 3 (or 4?) locations.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Eat Drink and be Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We've visited this Pub/Restaurant many times and keep going back. Good friendly atmosphere, reasonably priced food and varied menu and you can't beat a selection of 40 draught beers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome & superb steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We made this our "local" during our stay in New York, as we were made to feel so welcome. The bar & waiting staff are so friendly and helpful (special mention for Danny), at the end of our week we felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. The food at Connolly's is first class, both for light/bar snacks and for full blown evening meals. The rib steak is quite simply superb. We had this on more than one occasion and it was served to our individual preference perfectly each time. The location of this Pub is also ideal, being in such close proximity to Times Square. Go here - you will not be disappointed. (We can't wait to return!)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice attempt at Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited this bar when we couldn't get into the nearby Virgil's BBQ. It is a nice attempt at an Irish/British pub very near to Time Square.

The seating looked full when we entered however there were plenty of empty seating upstairs. The wait for the food was less than 10 mins. I ordered the bbq pulled pork burger which was juicy and packed with flavour. All of the meals were reasonably priced by New York standards.

We were each given postcards and key fob's which I thought was a nice touch. Would definitely visit this place again.

Visited April 2013
Glasgow
“Super food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

On the recommendation of my sister who had been before we went to Connollys on 45th for our dinner (eventually going twice).

Food was excellent although I would recommend you just order a main course as the starters are themselves a main course !

Being an Irish pub there was also an excellent selection of beers on draught to wash proceedings down with.

Well worth a visit (or 2) and there are no issues in going in with children and they have a separate childrens menu.

Visited April 2013