“My favorite Italian restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amarone Ristorante

Amarone Ristorante
686 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #608 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: Hell's Kitchen, Midtown West, Theatre District, Clinton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“My favorite Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

4 years ago, my mom and I took our first trip to NYC. The hotel we stayed at (Belvedere) recommend this place to us for dinner one night. It was amazing! Last year, I visited NYC with a friend and begged her to go there for dinner. It was another fantastic meal. When I went back to NYC last month, I thought "I can't go to NYC and not go to this restaurant" so we went again. Not only is the food amazing, but the service was great and the ambiance is fantastic. I simply love this restaurant and will continue to go back here each time I visit NYC.

Visited February 2013

New York
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I usually do not like restaurants in the theatre district... for many reasons, often because they are over priced, loud and I feel rushed. Amarone, however was a welcome change and we will definitely go back. The food was probably 4 star... nothing to really go crazy over, however one exception to that was the tiramisu which tasted very fresh and homemade, 5 star for sure.
The service was great, very attentive to our table, skilled waiter ( Andreas I think?) and the busboys were great too. We never felt rushed even though we were there before a show. Atmosphere was warm and cozy, nice welcome at the door and a sincere good evening when we left. All the food was very good and good portions too. Cons: I don't think it was a bargain, and the wine pour was kind of stingy. However I must say, that for a Manhattan pre-theatre restaraunt it is a great find.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Classic Italian A Meatball Toss from Broadway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the ideal place to dine after seeing Book of Mormon. A five minutes walk, and the noise and congestion of Times Square become a distant memory. Fine food served by friendly waitstaff made the evening a joy. Thanks Andrea.

Visited March 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Tasty appetizers but entrees are nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ate here before our show based on the strength of the reviews on TripAdvisor. Although the atmosphere and appetizers were very tasty, both of our entrees were pretty pedestrian. My Chicken Amarone was overcooked and tough, and my husband's Chicken Parmesan was fairly bland. The atmosphere is nice. I recommend that you get a reservation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Schilde, Belgium
“satisfying experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel-concierge. In the late afternoon we went there to make a reservation for a table in the evening. When we arrived at 7:30 pm the table of our choise was occupied. The waitress was very sorry for the mistake and proposed several other tables that were still free. We found one that pleased us. We ordered mussels and grilled port. mushrooms for a starter. Then we went for the scallope al gorgonzola and the linguini al vongole. This was accompanied bij a Montipulciano. The dishes were very tastefully prepared and presented. The Italian touch and the relaxed yet correct service was very good, The interior decoration gives a homely feeling. Later on the waiter proposed a surprise of the house. He came up with a large plate with tiramisu and panna cota offered as a compensation for the mistake with the table-reservation. To conclude he served a small glass of dessert-wine.
We were very pleased with all this as it was in such a contrast with the many tourist-traps arround Times-Square. 100% recommendable!!

• Visited February 2013