“Delicious, intoxicating, brilliant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen
679 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10036-3618 (Manhattan)
(212) 977-1588
Neighborhood: Manhattan
UK
“Delicious, intoxicating, brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wow. When we asked our hotel concierge for a recommendation for a Mexican restaurant we dud not anticipate being this happy. Just a small walk from our hotel in the lively 'Hell's Kitchen' district of NYC is Hell's Kitchen itself.

We were greeted immediately and despite how busy tiger were the hostess worked hard to get us a table within 5 minutes even though you can't officially book. The table for two was right next to others but with clever low lighting and intimate candles you don't feel intruded upon.

I would recommend, without hesitation, the trio of margaritas. Lime, strawberry and mango presented on a cute wooden tray. Gorgeous!

After choosing a starter and main we were given some complementary chips and black bean dip which was lovely. Then the food arrived. Whilst not classic Mexican (fajitas, burritos etc) this was probably the tastiest, best presented Mexican I have ever had. Every mouthful was a delight! I was gutted when I finished.

I would recommend this restaurant for couples and friends without question. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff, stunning food and reasonable prices. If I had more time in NY we would definitely have returned.

Thank you Hell's Kitchen!

• Visited July 2013

Queens, New York
“Excellent Food and Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My best friend and I were looking for a new restaurant to try out and we decided on Hell's Kitchen based on reviews. I was sold from the moment we got there! We were greeted at the door and our reservations were verified by a gentleman with such sincere delight that I beamed at him in response and felt giddy. The ambiance was great.
We were seated immediately and the servers were very prompt, polite and engaging. They realIy made us feel like they existed only to serve us, such great personalities! I ordered the salmon and my friend ordered lamb and we had tuna tostadas for appetizers. Everything was cooked to perfection! The cocktails were killers, they certainly didn't skimp on the alcohol.
We had such a great time and the food was great, but it's always the service that we remember, when we talk about that night at Hell's Kitchen.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hells Kitchen Mexican restaurant in Hells Kitchen NYC was fantastic. We would return againa and again. The food and service were great. It does get a little loud w/conversation, but its worth it.

• Visited July 2013
parkland, florida
“Menu has changed but we still like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here and we liked it very much. We noticed that they have expanded the appetizer menu and there are more clients coming in for the drinks and sharing appetizers. The food may be Mexican inspired but it is deffnitely not Mexican more like Latin fusion. I ordered the sea bass main entree and it was a generous sized portion of fish served on a bed of mashed plantain in salsa verde. Very tasty ! My wife ordered the salmon dish and liked it too. As appetizers, the empanadas were also good . The taquitos were tasty but a bit nouvelle sized for the price. We saw some folks order an open faced taco dish which did look like a smart choice. This is our third visit to Hell's Kitchen and still consider this a very good restaurant even though the menu and clientele has changed somewhat.

Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Reviews are accurate. Worth a stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

In my neverending search for good latin food when I come to NYC (Chicago is better)I tried Hells Kitchen. Small, noisy (thats good BTW) and definitely a neighborhood feel. Had three appetizers. Beautiful presentations. Could have used a little more heat for my taste, but it was serious food and not tex mex. Toloache is at the top of my list in NYC, but this is really good.

Visited June 2013