“Still perfect!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Grenouille

La Grenouille
3 E 52nd St, New York City, NY 10022-5301 (Manhattan)
212-752-1495
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grenouille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 11,588 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Between Fifth and Madison Avenues
Stonington,CT
“Still perfect!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Returned again and am still impressed. It remains one of my favorite restaurants in the world. Excellent French food, served with care. Attentive staff, excellent setting with dramatic flowers great for a birthday dinner, or a special date. Well worth the cost. The Grand Marnier soufflé and the pistachio soufflé are superb. Don't miss the Dover Sole. Love it. Try to go whenever I am in the city. Refined but not stuffy.

• Visited August 2013

Vero Beach, Florida
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This superb restaurant has a simple formula; beautiful to look at, with the flowers and decorating, comfortable seating, gracious and formal greeting at the door, a tiered service protocol, with captains and servers, together with an excellent and reasonable wine list, and of course, French cuisine at its best. It is a special treat to go to La Grenouille.
We celebrated my birthday at a lunch and enjoyed the duck confit with a Rhone wine, with my companion having a great salad and dover sole. As an appetizer I had the quennelle of pike, for old times sake.
Mr. Masson and his staff are the best and make for a memorable occasion, it is not just a meal.

• Visited July 2013
Effingham IL, United States
“Drinks before dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We like staying at the Omni Berkshire, and generally will have dinner one night at '21'. Prior to walking over to '21', we love stopping in La Grenouille for a drink of two. The bartender, Brian, is a terrific guy, attending to ever whim, and always inquiring about our friends and family - most of whom he's met over the past few years. Dinner at La Grenouille is special, but we generally can't fit it into our schedule. If you want the flavor of one of America's greatest dining venues, but don't have the time (or the dough) for a lunch or dinner there, stop in and see Brian for a quick berage at La Grenouille's small but cozy bar.

Visited August 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“A timeless classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My parents used to eat here back in the 50's & 60's and was one of their favorites in NYC. I took my wife for her 40th for our first time to Manhattan. We took in a show and dinner at La Grenouille and it was everything I hoped it would be. Impeccable service, attention to detail, elegant, initmate and outstanding food. I hope someday my daughters will be able to enjoy this restaurant 20 yrs from now as much as my wife and I did this spring and as my parents did back in their day. This is the perfect spot for dinner before Broadway.

• Visited May 2013
Amarillo, TX
“Super yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent food and atmosphere. This is a special NYC restaurant that has a "lived-in" feel. Old-style plug-in lamps on all the tables, well-used dinnerware, and superb food. Even though the restaurant was crowded and all the tables are very close together, my husband and I felt we had enjoyed the most romantic experience ever.

Visited April 2013