“A must in broadway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sardi's Restaurant

Sardi's Restaurant
234 W 44th St, Ste 300, New York City, NY 10036-3918 (Manhattan)
800-727-3471
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardi's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,493 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Transit: 42nd Street Station
Miami, Florida
“A must in broadway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Traditional, good food, nice ambiance and normal good food.

I tried pork chops, good but not memorable, the cheeseburger much better and the desserts very good.

Fun for everyone and very kind service. I like the place a lot!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Syracuse, New York
“Quick, delicious dinner before show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were in a rush (it was 6pm and our show was at 7 a block away) and I did not think we could eat AND get to the show on time, but I was wrong. We went into Sardi's (infamous NYC destination) and were seated right away, the host told our waiter we had a show at 7. We placed our order and I had a glass of wine, we were served our delicious cobb salads and out the door in 45 minutes. What a great experience and my near 16 year old daughter got to see a landmark with much history.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Enjoying a piece of Broadway history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I will be honest, I wasn't there so much for the food but rather the history of sitting in a chair where someone famous may or may not have sat. Looking around the room enjoying all the drawings of famous stars and the people watching was a bonus. The attire ranged from very casual to some well dressed elderly woman reliving their heyday enjoying their food a many beverages. The décor was tired, the tables a little generic not quite what I expected being that the hype of "SARDI'S" , however, my scallops were beautifully prepared and the veggies were beautiful (I would have liked them more with they were stir fried rather than steamed) and the service was impeccable. Would I come back again? I think it was a one time experience considering the Big Apple has so much to offer. I would recommend that you do it once, after all this is a piece of history!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York, United States
“Very expensive for very blah food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

So we needed a place to eat after the theater and this was suggested by several websites as an option for late night dining. I know there is a history behind the restaurant so I figured, why not, then I can say I have been there. Well, now I can say I have been there and I wouldn't go back. There were other places we could have gone and wished we had (The Eatery for example was our second choice and we should have gone). It was unbelievably over-priced and the food was so not good compared to so many places in NYC. Actually it was not good compared to any place. Sorry--fun looking around at the pictures and imaging what it used to be like back in the day but that is about it.

Visited April 2014
Padua, Italy
“FIRST EXPERIENCE, BUT NOT SO EXCITING...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Despite its neverending fame, SARDI’S wasn’t at the high quality level I expected: the service was very professional and pleasant, but the seafood (although definitively good) wasn’t impressive for variety and quality (not more than average) as well; furthermore its presentation has large improvement margins.
The price is high (you know this before…), but maybe ‘too much’ high.
A lot disappointed, unfortunately…

• 3 of 5 stars Food