“Very tasty!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Virgil's Real BBQ

Virgil's Real BBQ
152 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036-4025 (Manhattan)
(212) 921-9494
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Virgil's Real BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #779 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Broadway and 44th
Transit: LOCATED ON WEST 44TH STREET BET. BROADWAY AND 6TH AVE. A,B,D,E,F,1,2,3,N,R,Q,W. TRAINS to 42nd street times square.
Description: We are a much decorated Home-style BBQ restaurant located in the heart of Times Square, at the crossroads of the world.
New York City, New York
“Very tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The prices were quite fair for the portions and quality. My wife and I ordered the trio sampler and an app. We could barely finish it (and we were hungry) . We also got a table next to actor Oliver Platt...Bonus!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jennifer W, Manager at Virgil's Real BBQ, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is always fun to see stars when in Times Square.

Anywhere
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We've been to Virgil's a number of times and have always had a pleasant meal. The food is good, especially the wings. They can get very crowded during peak meal times and tourist seasons but usually you'll get a seat within a reasonable time. I usually get the pick three combo with brisket, pulled chicken, and ribs.... always a good meal. The corn bread is warm and very good. All in all Virgil's is a nice place, has a good atmosphere, and is a must visit when in the Times Square area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review and being a loyal customer. The wings are my favorite. Hope to have you again.
Chicago, Illinois
“Real BBQ Found in Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had a great culinary experience at Virgil's in Manhattan, just a hop, skip and a jump from Times Square. I had the beef brisket and trash ribs (sauce cooked in). The meats were flavorful and mouth-watering. The french fries were the bomb and the baked beans an interesting blend of beans and what appeared to be a meat sauce. I was totally disappointed in the key lime pie. It didn't have the sweet-sour combination that challenges the taste buds. However, I would recommend a visit if you're in New York City. Enjoy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. The brisket is one of my favorite dishes. I am sorry our key lime pie was not to your standard. My apologizes. Hope we can have you again and you can have our banana pudding.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went with high expectations of great tasting bbq but found the beef brisket to be dry and ribs really salty.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Jennifer W, Manager at Virgil's Real BBQ, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I have concern on when your visit was so we can check our smokers. Could you email me so that I can review with the store? thankyou@virgilsbbq.com Best Jennifer
Calgary, AB
“Would return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Was good! Fan of Virgil's sister restaurant Carmines so was pleased when we happened upon it looking for somewhere to eat. Portions are huge. Decor is fun. I had the famed brisket and would definitely have it again. Family had ribs and "were good" according to them but didn't have them raving as far as being best ever. Service was attentive and everything was efficient. Would return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Jennifer W, Manager at Virgil's Real BBQ, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your review and mention of our sister restaurant Carmine's. The brisket is one of my favorite as well.