“A nice find near my Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Becco

Becco
355 W 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
(212) 397-7597
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Becco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #842 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
Sao Paulo, SP
“A nice find near my Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I little bit busy and noisy, so don't plan a romantic night here. But it's a nice place anyway. Don't miss the Parmiggiana!

• Visited August 2012

Garden City, New York
“Great Restaurant Row Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to Becco a few times now, but this is my first review of the restaurant. Every time I have visited it's been wonderful. Sometimes, I wasn't able to get a reservation, but other times we just walked in and had no problem getting a seat. The food has always been very good as was the service. I have always taken advantage of the nice selection of wines under $25. We all like the pasta "symphony", but my husband raved about the osso bucco as well. I have been to other restaurant row choices and found them "fine" but the food was not as good as this.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“GREAT food, service and value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the real thing. Joe Bastianich delivers delicious Italian food at affordable prices. Same owner as top rated Babbo and Del Posto. Love this place.

Singapore
“Not very special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate here on our 2nd night in NYC and we were lucky we booked a table. Many people were waiting and we got a seat within 5 minutes.

The antipasti was not entirely very fresh and the pastas were lumpy. Overall nothing out of the ordinary but i suppose we were asking too much, having ate superb italian in Rome and Venice recently...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Amazing restaurant, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

While on a business trip, the concierge at the Westin Times Square suggested that I could find many excellent restaurants on West 46th street, otherwise known as Restaurant Row so I walked a few blocks until I saw two couples looking at an outdoor menu in front of Becco. I asked if they knew about this place and was told that this is a Lidia restaurant. That was all I had to hear and I said, "I'm in". I was excited to be here because I love Italian cuisine and Lidia is one of the most beloved Italian chefs.

Although it was only 5 PM, Becco was starting to fill up. It is a cozy, feel good place and the waitstaff is outstanding.

Raif, my waiter, recommended Sinfonia di Paste, one of their signature dishes. I started with Antipasto Misto, an assortment of marinated and grilled vegetables and seafood - fabulous. This was followed by three pasta dishes that included mushroom ravioli, bowtie pasta with littleneck clams in a spicy marinara sauce, and a lasagna that was amazing.

I was quite impressed because several waiters came by at different times to ask if I wanted more of the pasta dishes. I was unaware that my selection included unlimited table side service!! The best part is the price . . . $22.95 for the antipasto and main entree.

I am having withdrawal symptoms as I write this review because I can still taste the delicious food at Becco - great experience!

• Visited December 2012