“Always Great, anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morton's - The Steakhouse

Morton's - The Steakhouse
551 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10176 (Midtown)
(212) 972-3315
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #676 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.
PR
“Always Great, anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Always a winner of the great Steakhouses, Morton's is forever spectacular! The service was extraordinary and with our kids, very accommodating. I found new appetizers on their menu, like the Steak Tacos, Tuna Tacos and Ahi Tuna Tower. Ask me how a Steak Taco can top a Mexican Taco, but at Morton's it can! I put Horseradish on mine and it was my fabulous 'gringo version'! The Escargots were mouth-watering, and the Iceberg with Blue Cheese Salad was abundantly great. They always outdo themselves on the quality and the wellness of the beef. For sides, I can suggest the Grilled Asparagus over the steamed, and for Dessert, the Hot Chocolate Cake and the Grand Marnier Souffle.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Gallion, Alabama
“Nice, but ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just down the street from my hotel and I wanted just a light meal and a drink. Walked in with no greeting and found a table in the bar where I could read my book. Once a server realized I was there, I couldn't have asked for better service in spite of the place being packed. My server brought me my perfectly crafted, but expensive, drink and when I asked fr some help with a food selection she was honest and direct with her answers. I made my selection and was told that was a good choice. Then the failure. A runner appeared with the most unappea;ing mess of greasy fried oninons covering who knows what and drops, not sets, it down and starts to walk away. When I stopped him and asked him if this was my crab cakes, he mumbled something about table numbers and grabed the dish and walked away with absolutely no concern or comment. Shortly, my server returned and asked about my drink or if I would like another so I told her about the situation. Sne then brought my new drink, told me that my meal was almost ready and told me to wait for the manager. The manager came to my table and asked me to relate what happened and then spent quite a while with me until my meal was ready and offered yet another drink or desert or whatever I wished and went far beyond what I would have expected over a basically small issue in that someone brought the wrong dish to the wrong table. I hope the eventual person got their meal. My crab cakes were perfect, beautifully served, and so good. Even high end places like this have glitches in their service and the professional staff went above board to correct a small mistake and make sure I was pleased. It is busy, a little noisy, but they do a good job and offer some good, but pricy - hey it is New York - food and have a professional staff who work hard but they also have a looser or two. I don't think the guy who tried to serve me the wrong thing will be on the staff for long.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rohnert Park, California
“One of the best meals I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service was beyond excellent, food was delicious, music was good (Ya gotta like Frankie).
I had the porterhouse. Big ol' piece of meat cooked to perfection, with a big plate of hash browns on the side - also very yummy.
It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it!

• Visited August 2012
New York
“The Beef is Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Goodness...where to start! The reception and warm atmosphere was especially welcome on quite the cold wintry night my wife and I visited. We had heard about Morton's for many years but being from across the river hampered our own exploration. An anniversary prompted us to celebrate in NYC and Morton's was a must visit. The wait staff were professional, courteous, friendly and sincere and no question we asked made us feel any less welcome. As first timers, we had quite a few of those questions. The drink service was prompt, the salad and bread followed at the right pace and the main event was exquisite! The food was great and so what...this in NYC where great food is easy to find. But great service, personal touches, feeling good about the experience weeks later, well, that says something to me and prompts us to plan a revisit with another couple or two so that we can share that wonderful experienced with them.

• Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Another great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant has become one of my favorite dining spots in NYC. As before, I was greeted very warmly at the door. The staff eagerly took my coat and invited me to sit at the bar while I waited for my guest.

Once seated, the service was absolutely superb. When I asked the server for a special preparation he told me that he could make it happen. Our appetizers were great and entrees were fantastic.

This is fine dining. The atmosphere is elegant. I look forward to returning on my next trip to NYC!

• Visited February 2013