“Best carbonara EVER!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Benito One

Benito One
174 Mulberry Street, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10013 (Little Italy)
212-226-9171
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Description: The Original Benito One opened it's doors in 1968. Because of the reputation of Chef Benito it became an instant hit in Little Italy. It started out with only 5 tables in a tiny store front. It hasen't changed much over the years. The new owners are 2 brothers (Nick and James Bari) who have been in the restaurant business for over 40 years. Born and raised on Mulberry Street and now the proud owners of Benito. Out of respect of Chef Benito they kept the name and pretty much the same menu. The chef that is there has been working in Benito for over 29 years. Nick and James have kept the same cozy and family oriented look of the restaurant. All the pictures on the walls are of thier family, parents, grand parents and great grand parents. They will maintain the look and taste of the original Benito as long as they are there. Nick and James invite you to come and take a look and hopefully become a member of the Benito family.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best carbonara EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited for dinner on a monday afternoon so it was quite but the outside tables were full. The inside was very nice and cosy and the one member of staff; who was the owners son, was very friendly. I am a big lover of spaghetti carbonara and have it in restaurants often so being in Little Italy and in an Italian owned restaurant i had to try it. I was so glad i did, it was the best i have ever had. My boyfriend had three mushroom risotto and said that was also delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be returning on our next trip to NYC!!

• Visited October 2013
james b, Owner at Benito One, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
hi tinylass
What a great review, thank you. Come back soon for some more carbonara.

Sincerely

Beloeil, Canada
“Good evening good food excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our business group of five found this restaurant by luck very nice ambiance close by the window good food excellent service . We even had free desert

• Visited October 2013
james b, Owner at Benito One, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hi Carl,
Glad you found us. Come back and I'll buy you another dessert.

James
“It is THE ORIGINAL, Benito One”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We three tourists in NYC, ventured out on the subway to Little Italy on a Friday night. They were in the midst of an Italian festival, and the joint was jumpin'. We stumbled on Benito One totally by accident, and couldn't have been more pleased.

They seated us at a window seat, open to those passers-by to interact with. The waiter was top-notch, the food was excellent, and the owner did everything to make our meal and experience a success.

We would definitely go back, even if they weren't having a festival.

• Visited September 2013
Hi Olhacker,
Thank you for such a great review. We're glad you had a good time and a good meal. hope to see you again.

Sincerely
New York
“Not as good the second time around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Although we still somewhat enjoyed the atmosphere of Benito One, the second time the food fell well short of expectations. To me this is the test.....can I go back and get at least the same quality as the first time. We most assuredly did not. Sorry to say that in Little Italy, I am still attempting to find that special place where a person who lives in Manhattan can enjoy a basic Italian meal. Sorry guys but this is not that place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hi Michael,
sorry you were disapointed the second time around. As you know I listen to all my reviews and take every one very seriously. i thank you for you comments and I hope you find the place you are looking for.

sincerely
Florida, United States
“Amazing service and perfect for Gluten-Free people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The servers at Benito One make you feel like you are part of their family! I am gluten free and they went above and beyond to accommodate my allergy. I had the gluten-free chicken parmesan and it was absolutely delicious. It came with gluten free penne pasta. They also kindly offered me an assortment of other gluten free items which. The interior of the restaurant was quaint and cozy. We felt like we were eating in Italy! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling through Little Italy, especially if you are gluten-free. Can't wait to return!!

• Visited August 2013
Dear Lauren,
I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant. In the near future I will be adding more gluten free dishes to my menu. Hope to see you again.