“Great Bar with non-bar food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mexican Radio

Mexican Radio
19 Cleveland Pl, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10012-4053 (Manhattan)
212-343-0140
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,689 of 11,595 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New York City, New York
“Great Bar with non-bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stop in everytime I'm in the area, great sangria, multi flavor chips and homemade salsa. The chorizo is also a great dish. In the summer they have frozen margaritas and the service is great, just a great hang out with a fun name, everytime I'm there people keep calling to request songs!

Visited September 2013

78% Recommend
Buffalo, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We picked this place solely on the name! It did not disappoint us. I love true Mexican decor, Day of the dead skulls, flaming hearts, doves. The types of margaritas offered were awesome, wish we could have tried them all. The 3 cheese quesadilla was like nothing I.ve ever had, a must try! And the wings are better than real Buffalo wings, we would know since we are Buffalonians. Felt all was reasonable.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Tough to beat Mexican Radio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Cool location, great food and both traditional and creative margaritas. We have been going here for years and make it a must stop on virtually every trip to New York. If it's your first time, try the triple enchiladas mole. Mix it up between chicken, beef and pork and try all three mole sauces...appetite not big enough for three...you should at least try the raspberry-chipotle mole. If you are real brave try a Muddled Jalapeño marg. Great spot for a meal or drinks after checking out Spring Street.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Go for the margarita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I did not eat here during this visit. I did eat here during a previous trip to NYC and found the restaurant to be too noisy and the food too heavy for me. I did however love their tri-colored margaritas. So during this visit my husband and I went for a margarita. Once again they were delicious but I was disappointed that they were served in a regular glass instead of a big margarita glass and they were very expensive.

Visited August 2013
Massena, New York
“Best Fajita Platter EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have had fajitas before but this one tops them all!!! Not only are the meats grilled perfectly and not only are the beans and rice fresh and great tasting but it's what comes with all that! I had a platter of FRESH grilled vegetables! We are talking cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, peppers, onions, corn!! It was the healthiest Mexican dish I have ever had! I would recommend this --- TOTALLY. Now if you are not that into veggies then this might not interest you.

The restaurant itself is clean and the staff is extremely friendly! It's a little small but that adds to the atmosphere.

For New York City, the prices are great!

• Visited July 2013