“Delicious, Authentic Italian Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Benito's II Restaurant INC - CLOSED

Benito's II Restaurant INC
163 Mulberry St, New York City, NY 10013-6101 (Little Italy)
212-226-9012
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Houston, Texas
“Delicious, Authentic Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The seating is a little cramped, but this is NYC. It is warn and older, so don't expect a fancy dining experience. You come here for the food. My party shared the eggplant appetizer and it was cheesy and not too strong. A *big* winner. I got the mushroom ravioli and it was delicious, the mushrooms were not too strong. My friend Kevin got the Chicken Marsala and the amount of food he got was HUGE! He finished the entire thing, so I feel that is a positive endorsement. After dinner I had cappuccino and their tiramisu and loooved both. I loved the food. The atmosphere was classic NYC.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious Gnocchi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

After ready reviews I wasn't sure what to expect, but my husband and I had a great experience! It was nice and warm on a cold night, the waiter was lovely and the Rice Balls and Gnocci were both delicious! I would recommend it and go back next time I'm in NYC!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I felt really ripped off after eating here. The quality of the food was not even Olive Garden standards, the refills on sodas were not free and the side item is potatoes, and a half-cup of pasta as a substitute is an upcharge. Silverware was dirty, place was old (not in a charming way). I was very disappointed.

Little Italy and Chinatown were dirty and gross. If I could do it again, I would do my homework and not "wing it" to find a good place to eat in Little Italy or NYC in general.

Visited July 2012
Kingston, Canada
“Best Italian food at NYC Benito II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Always a great meal at a most reasonable price, Benito II on Mulberry Street in New York's Little Italy is a gem in a treasure chest. The service is superb and friendly. The music's fun. Come on, how could anyone not appreciate Dean Martin's "That's Amore" during an Italian dinner. The real thrill comes when the food arrives. Hands down, you won't find better food at a lower price in the city. The chicken parmagana is so good, I haven't tried much else on the menu, but friends say the spaghetti and anything else they've ordered is the best. Not always open right on the hour they say they will, but if you're looking for a good meal, don't walk by this restaurant without stopping in. You won't break the bank, but you will fill your tummy!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
conneticut
“out of business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

my wife and I loved this restaurant, what a disapointment last week when we visited NEW YORK CITY and headed out to little italy to enjoy the best italian meal in town. But hate to be the one to tell everyone it's empty, no longer in business. WHAT A LOSS. If anyone knows where the chief is cooking now please update.

Visited May 2012