“Flat out great!” 5 of 5 stars

(212) 528-0400
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
New York City, New York
“Flat out great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I can't remember the last time I have been so moved by food in a restaurant. We went with 4 people and tried to order different appetizers and main courses to get a broad feel for the menu. One dish was better than the next. The veal and pasta dishes were spectacular. The egg yolk ravioli was awesome, unique and memorable. Even the amuse bouche of a mushroom ravioli with truffle cream was to die for. (I am not even a mushroom fan). It is a prix fixe experience so bring a big appetite or get the doggy bag ready. The pricing is also extraordinary given what you are eating and where you are eating it )Tribeca).

I have to get back there soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ohio
“NYC...Our best meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our travel party of 6, My wife and I, my sisters and my 2 brothers-in-law, recently spent 3 nites at the Millennium Hilton, and we had the most fabulous multi-course meal at Scalini Fedeli, in Tribeca... The décor/ambience was romantic and the dining room was quite comfortable, altho filled with patrons. Service was prompt, with the full attention of the staff. Napkins re-folded upon return to the table, water and wine refills without request. The wine list and menu is topshelf, and the appetizers and entrees were extraordinary. Both the Risotto and black truffle appetizers were the best my wife and I have ever had, and we have been to Italy!! From beginning to end, this ranks as our best meal anywhere.
They apparently don't spend a great deal on advertising, as we heard of this thru word of mouth and not Frommers/Fodors etc. We reviewed the website and researched further. This
is certainly worth a try if any of your readers visit New York City.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lots of Flavor, Warm Decor and Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My party and I enjoyed Scalini Fedeli from the moment we arrived until we left. The service was outstanding - friendly, professional and attentive. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful in making our selections. The ambiance is warm and cozy but not stuffy at all. Plenty of room between tables. My primi piatti, selected from their May-June Menu was Orecchiette in a spicy garlic and olive oil sauce with escarole, sausage, cherry pepper and anchovy finished with caramelized pecorino romano. That dish alone will bring me back many times when in NYC! One of my colleagues really enjoyed the Pappardelle which featured a spicy veal shank and pancetta "Bolognese" with bone marrow and a hint of orange. My main was their signature, massive 18 Oz. veal chop which was very good but, frankly, too much. Their wine selection is very good and not outrageously overpriced. We went with a 2008 Brunello that seemed to pair well with our mains. I strongly recommend Scalini Fedeli when in NYC and I have every intention of returning there when I am in the City again.

Visited August 2013
London
“Italian fare with flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Scalini's has an old style Italian restaurant feel to it with a warm, cosy ambience. Our waiter was charming and knowledgeable. The menu offers traditional Italian fare with flair: our pasta and gazpacho was excellent; I had a mouthwatering veal chop and my wife's salmon was delicious.

There is an excellent choice of reasonably priced wines by the glass.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte,NC
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The menu has so many wonderful choices that it is difficult to decide! My primi was a special with a surcharge, and it was superb! It was fig ravioli with gorgonzola cream sauce and walnuts. My main course was short ribs with pomegranate and served with potatoes and an apple-fennel puree. My husband had pappardelle with Bolognese ragu which much lighter than I expected, next he had the double-cut veal chop with broccoli rabe and potatoes. Our desserts were also impressive. In other words, there is not one thing negative I can say.....it was a exceptional meal.
Just go!