“Great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maya

Maya
1191 1st Ave, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10065-7108 (Upper East Side)
212-585-1818
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,201 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Contemporary, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between 64th and 65th streets
Transit: 6 Train to 68th street-Hunter College N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 Trains at 59th & Lexington
Description: At Maya, Chef Richard Sandoval offers his signature blend of authentic Mexican ingredients and innovative culinary techniques. Handcrafted margaritas and a selection of over 100tequilas pair beautifully with the flavorful dishes. In the main and private dining rooms, handmade Mexican artwork completes Maya’s dining experience.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The food was Excellent. Very tasty and more refined version of ordinary mexikan food. Had à lovely Sangria made with rosewine. Yummie!
The only negative think was that the tables were close and the background music was a bit loud. The straff was very nice and friendly and the service prompt. We hade a very nice meal and we did not leve hungrig sinne the portions were perfect in size.
Nice restaurant!,

“Best Mexico City Cuisine north of the border”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were fortunate to live in Mexico City for four years. The food at Maya
is fantastic. Best Mexican food we have had in the US.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, MS
“Fantastic brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I thought the food was fantastic! Brunch on Saturday and Sunday is all the small plates and light drinks for $35. I had a mushroom enchilada that was superb. Great waiter, too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Read reviews and went for this place to celebrate my wife and Is wedding anniversary.

Food was bland and when I told them they offered me some spicy salsa to go with it. Poor idea. This is a Mexican restaurant.

Server kept my change assuming I wanted to tip her which is bad form. If I feel it is deserved I will tip but this place should have tipped me for enduring their bland food.

When I raised it with the concierge they frankly didn't care. Very poor restaurant that I would not advise visiting if you want real Mexican food. Also expensive for sub standard fare.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic mojitos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed near here on our honeymoon and decided to try it during their happy hour. What an excellent decision that was! The food was incredible and such good value and the mojitos were out of this world. Needless to say we had several!

We would definitely recommend Maya and if we are ever back in NYC we will definitely be going back there.

• Visited October 2012