“Best skirt steaks I've eaten” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana

Cabana
1022 3rd Ave, New York City, NY 10021 (Manhattan)
(212) 980-5678
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,582 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
“Best skirt steaks I've eaten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I will not profess to be an expert on the cuisine, but that's never stopped me from really enjoying the food at this restaurant.

As a Londoner, we are not spoilt for choice for Latino/Cuban food, so whenever I am in NY, I make it a point to eat here - and it has never disappointed.

My favourite is the skirt steak with the chimmichuri sauce, though colleagues have tried other mains, and the general impression is that the food is of high quality.

I'd recommend the flan for dessert, and a very helpful waiting staff makes this a place I will keep coming back to.

It does help that I usually stay no more than a 10 min walk away, but I would make the effort even if I was further away.

Germany
“Cabana "Midtown"... Great Waiters, Better Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited this restaurant on 2 occasions within 3 days and must say that it was worth it. I had actually visited New York for medical reasons and ate here the night I arrived. The waiters here are very attentive and for me one thing I always look for is good customer service. When I got out of the hospital I was on crutches but the entire time I was in Lenox Hill I thought about the skirt steak at Cabana. So the day I got out of the hospital I picked my crutches up and limped 4 blocks to 61st & 3rd avenue and enjoyed a wonderful meal. The maduros, sweet plantains, were very good and just your basic "ensalada", very simple salad was very tasty. They also make fruit juices from fresh mango, banana, a large variety of fruits. Overall the food at Cabana Midtown is well worth your money. The ranking of this restaurant does not do it justice.

• Visited December 2012
Florida
“Tasty mojitos, yucca fries, and coconut rice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The coco mohito was great, as was the mango. We also had yucca fries that were tasty.
Chiccorone de pollo was filling and crispy. The ropa vieja was about average. The wife got coconut rice instead of the usual rice and beans side and it was delicious!

Not as awesome as the little hole in the walls we have in Tampa but we were definitely not disappointed.

New London, Connecticut, United States
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I were on a weekend trip to New York. We were walking on Third Avenue and came across the Cabana Midtown, which is a Latin/Cuban restaurant. Both my wife and I like ethnic food, so we decided to peruse the menu, which was posted in their window. It looked interesting, so we decided to have dinner there. We did not make a mistake. The restaurant was somewhat crowded, but the hostess was able to seat us. A waitress promptly came to our table and gave us a menu. The prices on the menu were not low, but not high either. We ordered plantain chips as an appetizer. My wife ordered skirt steak over rice, and I ordered a Latin style chicken with vegetables over rice. We received our plantain chips right away. There was a good portion for both of us, and they were delicious and very addictive. Despite the large crowd, both my wife and I received our main meal within 10 minutes after placing our order. The food was hot and delicious. The portions were huge. Both my wife and I agreed that we could have easily shared my meal alone with plenty for others. I have a big appetite and was unable to finish my meal. My wife, too, could not finish hers. The waitress asked if we wanted a doggy bag, but we declined. Both my wife and I left the Cabana Midtown stuffed, and we both agreed we would eat here again when we returned to New York.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“My first Cuban restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

On a cold rainy afternoon in NYC we strolled over to the Cubana "Midtown" on 3rd Ave. What a nice surprise! The Frituras de Vegetales was broccoli and carrot with just a hint of sauce. The Paella Marinera for my partner was fery good and very large. I had the Empanadillas and with the hot sauce was just the comfort food I was looking for and this cold day. Cocktails are reasonable for NYC.

• Visited October 2012