“!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
20 E 76th St, New York City, NY 10021 (Upper East Side)
212-772-2600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 5th and Madison Avenues
Transit: #6 Train to 77th Street & Lexington Avenue M1, M2,M3 or M4 buses on Madison Avenue - 77th Street Stop
Description: CAFÉ BOULUD features a French-American menu inspired by Chef Daniel Boulud's four culinary muses: la tradition, classic French cuisine; la saison, seasonal delicacies; le potager, the vegetable garden; and le voyage, the flavors of world cuisines. In addition to dinner seven nights, we feature a $37 two-course prix-fixe lunch six days a week, and brunch on Sundays. The restaurant is both a neighborhood gem and a destination for food lovers in search of casually elegant dining. Two private dining rooms seating 18 guest each are available for your private entertaining needs, and may be combined to accommodate 40. The restaurant's adjacent BAR PLEIADES serves inventive cocktails and a luxurious bar menu from 3 pm onwards. DANIEL • DB Bistro Moderne •Boulud Sud• Bar Boulud • DBGB Kitchen & Bar
New York City, New York
“!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I absolutely love the food here and I am always delighted by the next dish I discover. I fell in love with this restaurant the day I had the venison. The gentleman who took care of me was Athanassios. His art of service & sunny mediterranean personality made me love the restaurant even more, inspite of the fact that I'm not a fan of the physical space itself (My least favourite space at the Surrey hotel & my least favourite space out of the Boulud ventures in NYC) or the general ambience, which feels a bit claustrophobic, stuffy & stiff. My ultimate fantasy would be to have this exquisite food in the comfort of my room!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Caracas, Venezuela
“Must go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our friends had the prix fixe menu and we ordered a la carte, it was all sublime. The attention was A-1. The waiters knew how to serve properly and everything was divine!

Visited January 2014
2020
“Good Food. Nice Ambiance.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

A Nice Sunday Brunch at the Upper East Side.

Food was good, and a great atmosphere.

Lovely espresso to end the meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York, New York, United States
“Place for foodies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to this restaurant on the New Year's eve. The place was nicely decorated, and the food was just great. Twelve course pre-fix dinner. Venison was very good. Expensive, but hey - it's New Year's eve. They have a bar that was turned into a disco after midnight. This restaurant is located on the Upper East Side in Manhattan. Our friends said that they offer a very good brunch too.

Two day's later we decided to eat out with our friends who live in the Upper West Side. To our surprise, they booked the restaurant called Bar Boulud. The owner is the same - well known chef Daniel Boulud. The decor is simple, but the food was very good too. I had a salad with chicken livers and fish. Our friends said that the duck breast was delicious too.

Right next door there is a gastronomic food store called Epicerie Boulud. You can buy there lots of delicious product ranging from macaroons to blood sausages. Need to pay a separate visit to this store.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Royersford
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My son & I enjoyed a great lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. Though crowded service was excellent. Even with the crowd there was no rush to move us along. We both had the Fluke as part of a prix-fixe menu. I also had octopus carpaccio as the first course. Unusual but interesting. My son had the salad which I would call average. The Fluke however was very good. The desert was OK. All in all if you are up for an upscale place for lunch you would do well by choosing this spot. I would expect either my son & I will be back or I shall return with my wife.

• Visited December 2013