“A great atmosphere and delicious cakes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Sabarsky

Cafe Sabarsky
1048 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0111 (Manhattan)
212-288-0665
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Neighborhood: Manhattan
東京
“A great atmosphere and delicious cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

When you have a plan to go to Neue Galerie or The Metropolitan Museum of Art, you can get this nice cafe for lunch or tea break.
We visited there on Sunday afternoon, so there were a long queue in front, but the waiting time was not too long. only for 15 minutes

There is a same restaurant downstairs, so if you do not mind about the location, you can go there too.

We ordered some chocolate and strawberry cakes and Vienna coffee.
The coffee was so strong taste, and the whip cream was really buttery taste, so I did not like it.
The cakes were very delicious.
I paid about 40 dollars for two cakes and drinks. That was so expensive.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, Canada
“Been there, done that. Next?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a tough one because I'm glad we went but I don't think we'd go back, except maybe for dessert. First, keep Google Maps open on your phone because it's hard to find. There's no entranceway directly from the street and there's no signage on the exterior of the building. The building's doormen aren't all that welcoming and you will have to allow your purse to be searched before standing in line inside with your coat still on. (Now that I think of it, this was really unpleasant.)

Once you're seated, the interior of the restaurant is quite lovely with high ceilings, and lots of mouldings and dark hardwood. The menu is pricey. Once you've acclimatized to American portion sizes, you expect more than these smaller serving sizes for the price. I had a really interesting and refreshing beverage that was part lemonade and part cucumber juice which I enjoyed. Also, all of the side dishes were very freshly and delicately flavoured. Although the Vienna schnitzel was good, I've had better (thinner, less tough, crisper and tastier coating) at a more hole-in-the-wall type establishment elsewhere. The desserts were excellent though. (Again, I normally wouldn't expect to have room for dessert after a $29 schnitzel.) My husband had apple strudel and I had a lemon-biscuit-torte, both which, like the side dishes, were obviously prepared with very fresh, carefully selected ingredients.

Visited March 2014
Morristown,NJ
“A breath of Vienna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

OK, yes, you have to wait in line and it is a bit pricey - but if you have lived in Vienna like I have, it is worth it. The food is amazingly good and for the busyness of the place, service is even better.This was my first visit, but I am already thinking about when I can go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, OR
“Very good food, sensational setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The traditional Viennese specialties will here be found, and very tastily. The period room and appointments make this a great way to top off a wonderful couple of hours touring the exceptional Neue Gallerie.

Visited February 2014
Westchester, New York, United States
“Love it!..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited cafe Sabarsky for lunch today!..It was great!..Perfectly located on Fifth ave on Museum Mile this European cafe made our day!..My 5 years old daughter sad to me"Mom!..We are in Paris,are not we?!"Food was excellent and service was good too!..I finally find place in Manhattan were you can have delirious apple strudel!..

Visited February 2014