“You've Got Mail - scenes taken here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Lalo

Cafe Lalo
201 W 83rd St, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10024-4931 (Manhattan)
212-496-6031
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New York City, New York
“You've Got Mail - scenes taken here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Been here so many times especially when there was celebration in our family- right now it's full pack, my wife just bought some cupcakes to go for our 2 big boys. It's a tourist destination, just a couple of blocks away from west end along 83rd street. If you are visiting New York , I would recommend it.

79% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What more can I say? The deserts there are a wonderful end to a great meal anywhere on the West Side or just a movie next door. Expect to wait for a table, but it is more than worth it. Just wait outside with the many other New Yorkers and visitors to NYC.

Visited October 2013
New York City
“Has declined over the years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been bringing out-of-town guests here for the past 10 years. I truly feel as though the restaurant has declined the past few times I have been. On this past occassion, the waitress did not bring our beverages until the food was served, which was cold. We had to ask multiple times for bread and refills on water. That being said, I know people from out of town like to go because there were some scenes from "You've Got Mail" filmed there. I would advise to warn them ahead of time and literally just go for dessert and coffee...avoid having actual meals there.

Visited September 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Wonderful Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I wish the food was a little better, but the ambience is amazing. I loved that you could order breakfast from around the world. I got the British breakfast which wasn't that British. Eggs were just so so, scone was good though. Great Cappucino.
But, the setting, the windows, the people watching, all worth a visit. I'll go back and try the food one more time!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Cafe Lalo is located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Known for the movie "You got mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. One of the scene of the movie was filmed inside Cafe Lalo.
The restaurant has a nice ambiance, lived music, and huge french windows open the night we were there. Tiny miniature lights hung on trees outside. The menu has a decent selection of mostly salads and sandwiches, plus a large selection of desserts. The service is ok'd but the meals sure took a long time to prepared. We had the Mozzarella tomato basil and the White fish salads. How can we leave without a taste of their cheese cakes as they have a very large selection. The Cappuccino and the Old fashion cheese cakes were excellent. Yummy! We definitely will return the next time we visit New York City.

• Visited September 2013