“World's best cream puff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beard Papa Sweets Cafe

Beard Papa Sweets Cafe
2167 Broadway, New York City, NY 10024-6603 (Upper West Side)
(212) 799-3770
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 195 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Falls Church, Virginia
“World's best cream puff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a small shop tucked away on the upper west side. We enjoyed cream puffs and hot chocolate every day! Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012

San Diego, California, United States
“Yummy - wish we had in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We love cream puffs and they are especially good at this location, as everything is super fresh. The choux pastry is delicately crunchy and the cream inside is the perfect sweetness. I had the Dulce de Luce cream puff this time and the caramel was heavenly.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“AMAZING cream puffs!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I know most folks don't go out of their way for a cream puff, but on my most recent trip, I thought, what the hell, it's been years since I've had a cream puff, so I'll go for it. Wow, I must say, this was the finest cream puff I've ever had and I had some great puffs as a kid in NYC. They don't put the filling in until you order it and you watch them stuff your puff - so to speak. The outer pastry is perfectly baked, which is hard to do on a cream puff. I wish I had ordered a dozen to take back home in GA. This place will definately be my "must stop by" when I go back to NYC.

Visited December 2011
“I Long For These Cream Puffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

The puffs are crispy and the custard smooth when they are fresh. There are custard flavors of the day to choose from but I always go back to the vanilla custard. Regular creampuffs seem bland after tasting the Beard Papa puffs. I sat down and ate one with a cup of coffee and took one to go. I would like to have taken a dozen to go but these puffs will get soggy over time so you really can't store them and savor them over time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Annandale, Virginia
“LOVE BEARD PAPA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

These are the best cream puffs I have ever had in my whole life. They're filled with a cold, creamy custard right when you order them so the puff pastry will not go soggy. For $2 a piece, they're a deal! I'm going to miss these cream puffs until my next visit to NYC.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere