“Slam Dunk once again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flor De Mayo Restaurant

Flor De Mayo Restaurant
2651 Broadway, New York City, NY 10025-5024 (Manhattan)
212-663-5520
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
“Slam Dunk once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Was in the theatre district after a show and wanting to avoid crowds, my girl and I decided to go to where the food never fails. Flor De Mayo is a restaurant, that I have been going to, it seems like, forever. I had the half chicken with black beans and yellow rice with a side of sweet plaintains. My girl had the steak with onions along with red beans and yellow rice. Both of our dishes, like always, arrived to our tables fast and hot. Always satisfying. Other dishes I'm sure are delicious too. You will not be disappointed!

Lake Wales, Florida
“Worth the wait !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Have been here twice and have waited both times. It seems to be the quality and price keeps this place packed to the gills . Once we were seated , we ordered and the food was delivered very quickly . My son had the Peruvian baked chicken dish which was super. My wife had a Peruvian streak and pasta & loved it!

New York City, New York
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Love this gem in my neighborhood. Food good and reasonable. Staff very friendly. Love Nelson and Jackie...the best.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Excellent food at very reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My son-in-law and I went to Flor De Mayo (the location on Broadway) for dinner a few nights ago and both of us were certainly well satisfied by the experience. The portions were both tasty and ample and the prices were surely reasonable. The service was prompt and there was an obvious "buzz" in this restaurant. I would have no hesitation in returning!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“Good option for lunch in the UWS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This neighborhood restaurant is a good option for a cheap lunch. I usually order 1/2 grilled with salad and rice. The orders are served quickly, the portions are generous, and the food tastes good.

I recommend this restaurant if you happen to be in the UWS (Upper West Side).

• Visited October 2013