“Yummy Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bubby's

Bubby's
120 Hudson St, New York City, NY 10013-2317 (Manhattan)
(212) 219-0666
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Newton, Massachusetts
“Yummy Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We came in here towards the end of brunch on a Sunday and even though it was still hopping we were a able to grab two seats at the bar. The bartender was super friendly, which I appreciated because you really don't get too much of that in the city. I got a watermelon lemonade, which I was convinced to get spiked and glad I did. It was incredibly delicious and dangerous since I probably could have downed 3 or 4 if them if given the chance.

To eat, I got the huevos rancheros, which were served alongside black beans and green rice. My best friend got a special, which was raspberry pancakes. All of the dishes that were being eaten around us also looked really good. Even the Bloody Mary looked appetizing and I pretty much hate everything that goes into one!

The decor is cute and it's bright and happy inside. There's also a soda fountain/ice cream section inside as well as a shaved ice cart outside, which I thought were nice touches. I would also like to add that it's quite pricy, but I enjoyed myself and thought it was worth it.

Yorkshire
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Bubby's in July 2014, we waited for our table for about half an hour for a table, it was well worth the wait, the service, food, atmosphere was all good!
We ordered the American breakfast, which you could choose to have it with sausage, ham or bacon! We all choose different and all enjoyed our choices! The portions were good and the service was good! It was nice to sit and chat and see everyone doing the same.
We will be returning for breakfast again on this visit!
Well done Bubby's, you gave us the ultimate American breakfast experience.

Visited July 2014
Leeds
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We came here for brunch on the recommendation of our concierge who, up to this restaurant , had done a brilliant job of recommending great places to eat. The restaurant itself had a great ambiance, lively with lots of people meeting for brunch which was a good start. The menu looked great and we ordered with high expectations. The pastry basket we ordered to share to start with had a burned Danish pastry and a dry piece of banana cake and blueberry muffin. We didn't bother with the rest. The special pancakes with fruit compote were lovely and light but too little fruit for the amount of pancake. The lobster omelette contained one tiny piece of lobster only and no cheese and the omelette itself was over cooked. Service was OK. Brunch for 3 came to 115 dollars which was way too expensive for the quality of what we got. I'm sure there are many better places for brunch in New York

“Great place for a breakfast or brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Lovely place, great organic food in a nice neighborhood.
The restaurant is beautiful,the food is really good and you can see couples, families and a lot of beautiful people.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“First rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great place to get breakfast and people watch

Staff and good first class and the photographs give can interesting history of this place

• Visited July 2014