“Great place for kids...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bubby's

Bubby's
120 Hudson St, New York City, NY 10013-2317 (Manhattan)
(212) 219-0666
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Dessert, Mexican, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New York City, New York
“Great place for kids...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went here with a friend and her son - it's such a great little place to bring your child if you want a good meal. They have crayons for the kids to color while you eat. I thought it was great and food was decent as well.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great place :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went here for our first breakfast in NYC whilst on holiday from the UK after reading reviews on here. We weren't disappointed at all. The decor and vibe was fab and the service was great too. I had the sourdough pancakes with blueberries and the most AMAZING apple juice I have EVER tasted. My partner had a fab breakfast too with a great juice. Despite mixing up half our order with someone else's, the servers were friendly, chatty and helpful too. Total cost came to about $65 which is an expensive breakfast, but we left full and happy :)
When we got outside, we realised we'd accidentally left our map and itinerary on the table so went back in to pick it up. On going back in, they'd cleared the table and said we'd left nothing behind. After pressing the lady on the desk to please take another look in the bin etc, we eventually got it back with some food marks on it. They didn't seem too impressed that we'd left it behind or that I asked them to look for it. Apart from this, all was good!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

You always know things are good when you arrive at 11am on a cold sunday morning for brunch and there are 10-15 people standing outside waiting for their name to be called to get inside! When we added our name to the list, they kindly told us the wait was 'between 13-18 minutes' and gave us a few small plastic cups to help ourselves to the hot apple cider from the dispenser outside. (The cider was really nice and just the job to keep you warm while you waited)..True to their word, after 15 mins we were in the door. The menu was comprehensive with every american speciality you could need...We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, the ambience and the overall experience! Well done Bubby's.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“What happened to the Bubby's we knew and loved?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had been looking forward to returning to Bubby's Brooklyn on this visit to New York. When we heard that the Brooklyn location recently closed, we were naturally disappointed. However, the reviews for the "original" on Hudson Street looked promising. Unfortunately, this visit didn't live up to the Bubby's we knew and loved. The service was friendly enough, but the servers made mistakes, and we had to keep chasing up to get them to make it right. All that said, the place has ambiance, and we're always happy to eat in places that make fresh, organic, local ingredients a priority. The food itself was rather average, but the seasonal twists on brunch were a nice touch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was the first time I had ever been to Bubby's. I was more than an hour early and they made me fill welcome. I sat and had a couple of drinks and read my Kindle until my friends came. Had a great conversation with the folks who sat next to me while I was waiting. Good food, good friends, walking distance from my hotel. I highly recommend it.

Visited December 2012