“Food was great- service so so” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Mesa Grill
102 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10011 (Manhattan)
(212) 807-7400
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 15th and 16th Street
Transit: N,R,4,5,6,F,V trains to Union Square
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food was great- service so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food was delightful however the service was something that needs improving. The server seemed quite bothered by the fact that I didn't order the special which was pasta with a tomato sauce with lobster. If I wanted pasta I would go to an Italian restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

70% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton
“Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wow... so glad we stopped at this restaurant last week. We decided to make this our last meal in NYC at the end of a 3-night visit. What a treat! This may have been one of the best meals I can remember.

Great food. Great service. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I ate here last fall while in NYC celebrating my birthday. We had eaten at this Mesa Grill a few years ago for brunch and were very pleased! The flavors were classic Bobby Flay and the service was excellent. We had also eaten at the Mesa grill location in Las Vegas for dinner about a year before and were also impressed by the flavors and service. In our mind it was a no brainier to make a dinner reservation to celebrate my birthday at this restaurant. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. The rough cut tuna nachos were a great start, but the dinner entrees tasted much like something from another restaurant. The steak that I ordered was prepared properly, but was tough. I had ordered the exact same steak a year earlier in Las Vegas and it was excellent. I know that this was a different location, but the recipes and standards should be the same. The service was very slow and not very good. It was Food Network Restaurant Week in NYC so I knew that the restaurant was going to be crowded, but I assumed that the Mesa Grill would want to impress its guests - especially that week. I'd maybe try this Mesa Grill again for brunch, but for dinner I'd rather go to another Bobby Flay NYC restaurant - Bar Americain. I've never had a bad experience there.

Visited October 2012
Woodstock, Georgia
“Very good, but a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was nice enough, but a bit overpriced.

The tuna nachos were very tasty. My wife had the pork chop, which was outstanding. I had the ribeye, which was well prepared, but a bit thin.

The pretzel tart was very good and the churros were pretty good as well.

The roasted corn, however, was nothing short of genius.

The service was attentive. The ambiance was pretty bland.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorba Linda, California
“Lunch is just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a morning of museums, we took a cab to this restaurant, and yes, it was mostly because of Bobby's name. It was not crowded (at 1:00) which kind of surprised me, but the staff was extremely attentive and professional. The tuna nachos had a nice presentation and was tasty and fresh. I recommend the pork sandwich- not all greasy and shredded sweet pork, but sliced and tender "like butta!"My friend had the hamburger, and we both liked the spicy fries.
The cost was quite reasonable, remembering that we were eating in Manhattan. I would go back if I had the chance.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere