“Great Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Mesa Grill
102 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10011 (Manhattan)
(212) 807-7400
Transit: N,R,4,5,6,F,V trains to Union Square
Union Bridge, Maryland
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We at at this restaurant for brunch as part of our famous chef's tour of NYC. We arrived early for our reservation...really early...but were seated very quickly. Service was great. I had the smoked salmon. It was tastey. Enjoyed very much!

Visited December 2011

• Turkish first
“Third time, no so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been to the Mesa Grill in Las Vegas and New York before and loved it. I recently traveled back to New York with a group of friends and recommended that we all go to Mesa Grill. Unfortunately, the experience was very disappointing and we won't be going back. Despite making a reservation a month in advance, we still waited an hour for our table. When we finally got seated, there were no apologies (or token offerings) from the folks looking after us. We had appetizers, mains and dessert and honestly none of it was very memorable. Much of it was cold when it came out. Perhaps the best thing we had was the corn bread. Not sure what happened that night, but it was not the great restaurant I had been at before.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“How do they make food taste so good?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were staying in Union Square so we decided to try Bobby Flay's restaurant. When we first saw the menu we thought it was pretty limited. And as a vegetarian, I only had one option, and it didn't seem very original. I was very wrong!

When the food arrived, not only was it beautifully plated, it was absolutely delicious! I mean, beyond all expectations delicious. Like, how do they do that delicious. I seriously wanted to lick the plate.

I wish we'd left room for dessert, but we were too stuffed. We did have a glass of wine, which was just as delicious as the food.

Go here. Go here now.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Best pumpkin soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recently had dinner with a friend. Nice to know that after Sandy, the restaurant has power. Everything we ate was terrific, but I thought the pumpkin soup was outstanding- a lovely dark color, smooth and slightly sweet.

Visited November 2012
Newark, New Jersey
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went with girlfriends for a 30th birthday. Great food, spicy overall but the server provided a great recommendation for the tuna- not spicy at all and very tasty. A bit loud, but it was a Friday night. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere