“Delicious Noodles, Great Price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Republic

Republic
37 Union Sq W, New York City, NY 10003-3217 (Flatiron District)
+1 212-627-7172
Cuisines: Chinese, Noodle Shop, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Republic offers up a unique fusion of Asian cuisines using the freshest ingredients, the most savory spices, and creativity! Think noodles, think Republic! We focus on serving you healthy, nutritious, and affordable dishes that you won't soon forget. Our team believes in natural foods and the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Whether you're enjoying our Curry Vegetable broth noodles, our Grilled Chicken with Pesto and rice, or our take on the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, you can be sure that you'll enjoy an incredible dish made with only the best vegetables, noodles, and spices available. We even invite you to watch Republic chefs prepare your food in our open kitchen! They'll be using cooking methods from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and China to prepare you a delicious dish. And what would a great meal be without the perfect beverage to drink alongside it? Pair your meal with sake, beer, wine, or even one of our seasonal signature cocktails! Whether you're joining us for lunch, dinner, or drinks, you'll love our innovative and inexpensive Asian fusion at Republic!
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Noodles, Great Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

very delicious noodles! Great price and location. Stopped here after wandering areas near Union Square. My friend had a spicy dish and loved it. You can't go wrong with any of the dishes here from what I've heard :)

Visited July 2013

Haifa
“A noodle bowl with bad service taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The noodle bowls we had were OK. The waiter was polite and helpful. The restaurant host was rude which was enough to ruin the meal. Republic is a bad copy of Wagamama.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York, USA
“always fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is always fresh and tasty. My favorite is the Vietnamese Salad. Have to try the other delicious food. Service is fast and efficient.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Getting delivery solves the only issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I order the food to be delivered to get around the noisy, hectic scene with communal tables. It's fun if you are in a crowd. The food is very good and tastes authentic with just the right amount of fresh cilantro where necessary. Unlike many restaurants, the delivery from here tasted just as good as eating in house. This is a go-to place when I am in the mood for Asian noodle dishes.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Hot Bartender, Great Food, Good Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This spot is so much more than just a restaurant. It's an EXPERIENCE. I am a vegan, so my eating requirements are difficult to meet in most places, but not here. I had a variety of choices (yea!) I chose an excellent tofu Pad Thai and a cocktail.

We sat at the bar because it was quicker than waiting for a table. We arrived during Happy Hour though, so we had to wait even for that seating option, but it was worth the wait, let me tell you! The bar is right by the kitchen, which is open to the restaurant. As a former food service worker, I can say that I am always happy to be able to watch someone make my food. It gives me confidence in the quality, you know? I also enjoyed talking with the staff while I waited for my food. It was not a long wait at all. I will say though, as other reviewers have done, it is not the spot for an intimate meal. It is loud, noisy and busy. *Shrug* No problem. The bartender was hot, the food was excellent, the vibe was right and the price was nice. I will be back.

• Visited March 2014