“I went here religiously but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Republic

Republic
37 Union Sq W, New York City, NY 10003-3217 (Flatiron District)
+1 212-627-7172
Cuisines: Chinese, Noodle Shop, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Republic offers up a unique fusion of Asian cuisines using the freshest ingredients, the most savory spices, and creativity! Think noodles, think Republic! We focus on serving you healthy, nutritious, and affordable dishes that you won't soon forget. Our team believes in natural foods and the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Whether you're enjoying our Curry Vegetable broth noodles, our Grilled Chicken with Pesto and rice, or our take on the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, you can be sure that you'll enjoy an incredible dish made with only the best vegetables, noodles, and spices available. We even invite you to watch Republic chefs prepare your food in our open kitchen! They'll be using cooking methods from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and China to prepare you a delicious dish. And what would a great meal be without the perfect beverage to drink alongside it? Pair your meal with sake, beer, wine, or even one of our seasonal signature cocktails! Whether you're joining us for lunch, dinner, or drinks, you'll love our innovative and inexpensive Asian fusion at Republic!
New York City, New York
“I went here religiously but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was one of my favorite places to take guests for a cheap and tasty Pan-Asian dining experience. They've been around since I moved to NYC in 1999! Back then, communal restaurants were a novelty and Asian cuisine was starting to build its pop following.

I made a return visit on nostalgia. Today, the hip, noisy, casualness doesn't seem to appeal to me any more. The management hasn't done much to update the atmosphere or the menu albeit, there wasn't ANYTHING on the menu I disliked.

Republic has managed to remain consistent after all these years...down to the cheesy oversized black and white prints. Makes me realize that I was the one who had changed.

Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Overpriced with awful seating policy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is another one of those business by default establishments. The high foot traffic on Union Square area guarantees patrons day and night. Sadly, you cannot show up with an incomplete party. Until the advent of their combo meals, the food is overpriced. The portions are too large for one person and yet too small for two to share.

Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Good noodles, expensive though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Perhaps a pet peeve that is irrational but I hate it when restaurants do not give free refills on fountain soda/ice tea, especially when they don't tell you. So when a $9 charge for 3 diet cokes showed up on my bill, I was pretty annoyed. Love the steaming noodle soups but overall not a very good value in my opinion.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta
“Very tasety, great atmosphere - Enjoyed a lot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very tasety, great atmosphere - Enjoyed a lot! We all tried other friend's dish and honestly all was delicous

Visited October 2013
mumbai
“An old favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Been coming here for almost 12 yrs and this place still rocks, a no frills place where you fan grab a very large bowl of noodles for about 15 dollars. The quality and taste is superb and i have never had one bad meal here. A great place to meet someone over a bowl of noodles and a drink. My favorite though continue to be the Pad thai noodles. Though recently i had the roast prk noodles which were very good too

• Visited October 2013