“Lucky find for us!” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restivo Ristorante
209 7TH Ave, New York City, NY 10011-1806 (Chelsea)
(212) 366-4133
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Chester, Virginia
“Lucky find for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My daughter, her friend and I were trying to find a different Italian restaurant, but found Restivo instead! We sat outside, along the side street, on a Friday night. My daughter had the salad with warm goat cheese and fried calimari - she LOVED it. Her friend had the calimari linguini, enjoyed it, but couldn't come close to eating the serving - lunch for Saturday. I had the grouper special, which came with mashed potatoes and vegetables, which included asparagus and peppercinis. Serving sizes were very nice and the food very tasty. We had two servers (I think they wanted to talk to the adorable young women with me.) who were very attentive without being overbearing. Totally enjoyed our evening relaxing and eating!

Visited August 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Chelsea find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dined here last week post-matinee (Irish Rep), and I have nothing but good things to say about the service, the atmosphere, and the food/drinks. We were intrigued by the summer drinks menu, and our dapper waiter allowed us to taste fig vodka (yum!). As a result, we each ordered fruity summer cocktails that were terrific. I rarely drink alcohol, but my drink (fig vodka, citrus, champagne) was too good to pass up.

We were chatting so much that we only ordered antipasta, so I can't speak for the entrees, but I can say that the Carpaccio con Cuore di Palma e Avocado was superb. Sadly, I had to run uptown to my next show, but next time, I would definitely order an entree and dessert.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Binghamton, New York, United States
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm always skeptical of places recommended by the hotel front desk, usually it's just a paid advertisement, but six of us (adults) ate here over the weekend and it was truly a very good restaurant. Very very good italian food - just slightly fancy, but in a very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to return again, or recommend it to friends. I found it to be a great little local neightborhood restaurant, truly a lucky find. The wait staff was professional but very friendly, liked to joke around with us and get us laughing. We enjoyed appetizers and entrees, along with several of the wine selections. Everything was well prepared and well portioned (not too much or too little), and struck the perfect balance between "fancy" and "comfort" food. From escargot, to carpaccio, to pasta and seafood, everyone of us really enjoyed not just the food, but the entire experience here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Recommended and quite rightly so”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We enjoyed our evening here. The food was good. My husband had escargot which he enjoyed as they came 'shell off' and I had egg plant parmesan. For our main courses we enjoyed shrimp and calamari ragout which was tasty and lobster crab cakes served with a very hot home-made jalapeno mayonnaise and accompanied by steamed vegetables and creamed potatoes. We decided to have dessert as we're on holiday and these did not disappoint, delicious ricotta cheesecake and cinnamon ice cream.

Overall it was a very pleasant evening with good food, well priced drinks and pleasantly attentive but unobtrusive staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Very nice neighborhood spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

While staying in Chelsea for two days on business, I walked up to this quite pleasant neighborhood Italian restaurant. I was there relatively early on a Friday evening, so can't say what it is like at a peak time, but I found the food and the service to be more than fine and the prices reasonable. I had a well-prepared order of old-school Shrimp Scampi. The shrimp were butterflied and cooked just right, with an excellent balance of seasonings, lemon and butter, accompanied by steamed veggies and a starch. Service was casual but attentive and I did not feel hurried even though I was dining alone and they were beginning to get busy toward the end of my meal. You would not go far out of your way to stop here, but if you are in the neighborhood you would do yourself a favor to dine at this solid and unassuming trattoria.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere