“Chicken and waffles were like chewing cardboard!” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pink Teacup
42 Grove St, New York City, NY 10014-5310 (Manhattan)
(212) 807-6755
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Californian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New Rochelle, New York
“Chicken and waffles were like chewing cardboard!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I ordered the signature chicken and waffles with OJ and we were very disappointed. We each got 1 small, dense waffle and 1 piece of chicken. This dining experience was $38.00 dollars NOT well spent. Service was fine.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Iowa City
“Warning Will Robinson, DANGER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family and I had the unfortunate experience to eat there. Plenty of seating for the Village and we found out why. My brother's meatloaf was spoiled(no charge). The Skinless fried chicken was the size of a pigeon, with NO crust. My sister and I ordered the "lobster mac" to share, which never came(I got it deduced from our bill). Their "sides" were disgusting and no french fries or potatoes of any kind. The bill was $80(incl.tip) for two poor meals.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Terrible management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Great place for soulfood and fantastic decor. However, service was slow, no communication with us on the progress of our order and when this was raised with management we were faced with an argumentative and, it seemed, an inexperienced manager. Shame as this spoiled the dining experience. Drinks were also very slow to arrive and again no communication on progress. Once the food actually arrived, it was delectable and presentable.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Fabulous chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I read some reviews online of this restaurant and apparently they changed locations. It is still in the Village but now on 7th Ave South. I think it is right around the corner from the old spot. In any event, I didn't realize ahead of time that they are a cash only establishment but luckily I wasn't paying. I had the chicken and plain waffle. The chicken was FABULOUS. It was fried perfectly. The waffle was ok but I'm not really a waffle person. My friends raved over the sweet potato waffle. We also ordered the wings for appetizers but got the bbq sauce on the side. In hindsight, I wish we'd gotten it on the chicken because it was the best darn bbq sauce I've had in a LONG time. Finally I had a pink lemonade mojito. Normally I'm not a mojito type of person but the lady at the next table had one and it looked soooo refreshing that I had to try it. It was FABULOUS!

The decor is nice. It's really quaint. The music was great although a bit too loud for my liking.

The menu isn't extensive but wasn't expensive. I really enjoyed my food but I would probably explore and try something different the next time I'm in NY.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ayrshire
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

We arrived here on the 4th day of our trip to New York and found it in a nice leafy area of the city. On entering we sat down and were given a menu and a glass of water. I didnt like the feel of the place and was about to go elsewhere but my wife was not for leaving. I stayed. I had read rave reviews that it was the best breakfast in NY and all that stuff, hence the reason why I went. I had the breakfast well I had to try the food and it was OK . She had the pecan pancakes and said they were amazing, so she was happy and I wasnt to pleased but the food was OK the service was average and the price was reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars Food