“Love this place ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
80 Spring St, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)
(212) 965-1414
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Manhattan
“Love this place ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Super noisy place but it's so so wonderful and so alive with a great menu and delicious food
Oyster lovers this is a good pace for u

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“My favorite restaurant in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Balthazar is my favorite restaurant in New York so I always make a reservation as soon as I book for my flight to New York to make sure I get a table because I don't like to wait for a table. We used to walk in and wait for our table that is why I always make a reservation before we show up at Balthazar.

One of the reasons why I like Balthazar is the food. Almost every dish on their menu is my kind of food, starting oysters, plateaux de mer, steak tartare, onion soup, all salad dishes, mussels, and more. I never had a bad meal at Balthazar almost always very satisfied. By the way, their bread is fantastic.

The service is also very professional and friendly.

I just love this place.
Balthazar is a wonderful place to be.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Excellent New Year's Eve party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I spent New Years Eve at Balthazar, one of our favorite restaurants in New York. It is a quintessential French bistro style place with very good food, great ambiance, excellent service and a very good wine list. While the night was very pricey with a fixed price dinner at $200 per head, it felt very festive. One caveat, if there is something on the fixed menu that you can't or won't eat, no substitutions are possible. We are allergic to shellfish and we were told that we should enjoy the bread on the table and that course would be skipped. Regardless, this sot is always a great time and I would highly recommend. One suggestion is to order wine from the wine list and not from the short champagne menu, that was way too expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We heard about this restaurant from a several friends and decided to give it a try. We made a reservation for a dinner on a Friday night and were glad we did - the restaurant was very busy but we were quickly seated by staff. The atmosphere was excellent inside and even though the staff were busy we never felt ignored or that they were under pressure.

All of the food we ate was delicious, especially the Duck Confit. The wine list was very extensive and reasonably priced with a good range of prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Still a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a wonderful brunch here. The interior is still lovely and the whole vibe is wonderful. Already heaving at 11-50am on a cold and windy December Sunday so booking is essential. The Oyster Marys are wonderful and pep the liver up no end! Eggs Benedict reliable as ever - fabulous hollandaise. Lobster linguine looked amazing and given the way the plate was licked clean, tasted even better. Curious corned beef hash though? Despite tasting great, it was made not with corned beef but with matchstick lardons? The bread was wonderful - a real taste of Paris and the butter as ever was the usual salty egg yolk yellow pat. Great coffee and impeccable service from starched linen aproned waiters. Wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food