“must-stop if going to a comedy show!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ben's Pizzeria

Ben's Pizzeria
123 Macdougal St, New York City, NY 10012-1202 (Greenwich Village)
212-677-0976
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,550 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Dayton, Ohio
“must-stop if going to a comedy show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband had 1 request on our NYC trip- to go see a comedy show at the Comedy Cellar and to have a slice of pizza at Ben's (he's a huge Louis CK fan). I had no idea what he was talking about, but hey, we had some fun that night! Ben's is a stones-throw away from the Comedy Cellar, and a few other local comedy hang-outs as well. Quick & easy, and actually quite delicious slice of pie. Right in the heart of Greenwich Village near NYU's Law School... check it out!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Oh my days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place by chance. It looked really inviting. The pizza was spot on. I had vodka and mozzarella pizza and cannot explain how good this was! Gorgeous neighbourhood and is worth a stroll to enjoy the sights and have some delicious pizza.

New York City, New York
“Taste of my youth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went here all the time when I was in college, and I lived around the corner. Still tastes the same! Slices are HOT when they come out of the oven, so wait a minute so you don't burn your mouth. My wife doesn't believe the awning which claims they have locations overseas!

Visited March 2012
Just North of NYC
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good pizza... but on weekend nights, watch out for the drunks and panhandlers outside.... they were always there...but now they are pushing a little harder.

Visited February 2012
Connecticut
“The Grandma's Pizza is one great reason to visit New York!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We are pizza lovers...and have often gone from place to place, taste-testing slices. When we found Ben's, we hit the jackpot. I love Grandma's Pie, a Sicilian style crust that melts in your mouth. Others like the traditional crust...but it seems that whatever we try, it's delicious and worthy of admiration. Service is efficient, ingredients are fresh, the sauce is slightly sweet...just like Grandma used to make! Honestly, when we make the several hour trip to NYC, we always come home with a few of Ben's pies in the car! Ben's is a New York corner pizzaria - nothing fancy- but it is the best!

• Visited November 2011