“Good food and a nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ballato's

Ballato's
55 E Houston St, New York City, NY 10012 (Nolita)
(212) 274-8881
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nolita
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good food and a nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not extraordinary in my opinion, but everything you could expect from a good restaurant; polite service, nice environment and good food. I like my food even more tasteful, but still a nice piece of art.

Visited December 2013

“Fantastic yet again ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my second time here , my husband took me here for my birthday ! The antipasti great , the sea bass in lemon and white wine and caper sauce was fantastic ! We love the atmosphere the banter with the waiters and everything about this place ! See you again soon Emilio .........

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Go For The Meatballs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Ok. You're in Little Italy. It's time to have spaghetti and meatballs! You won't be disappointed. We also had the Caprese Salad which was good but a little acidic for me due to the mozzarella being buffalo. Another beautiful salad we had was the Octopus Salad, it reminded me of when I lived in Tunis. Be sure and make a reservation.

Visited December 2013
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place is worth the wait if there is a queue. It is authentic food and the atmosphere is great. The place is very minimal but charming. We shared the clams to start which were unreal and definitely the star of the meal. For mains I had a spaghetti and Emma had the veal which was full of flavour. We had a glass each of really nice wine. And to top off a great experience, the couple beside us paid for our whole meal, for no apparent reason. So thank you to the New York Reilly's for a wonderful meal and evening, it made our trip.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Very Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I convinced my wife to visit this place after reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor. The place was small, intimate, and had a unique design which made us think we had found something special. However we were quickly disappointed.

First of all, let's be clear, this is not a low-cost place as indicated by TripAdvisor. For one salad, one plate of spaghetti and meatballs, one glass of wine, and one soda we paid well over $60. I'm not from New York, but in my mind that is not in the low-cost range.

We would not have minded the price, but the service was below average and the food was nothing spectacular. It took about 35 minutes to get a Caesar salad and another 20 minutes to get the spaghetti, way too long. Almost canceled the order. We didn't even get a "sorry for the wait" from the waiter.

I cannot recommend this place. I'm sure there are better places in this great city.

• Visited December 2013