“Light lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tribeca Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #570 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Transit: 1 train at Franklin St
London
“Light lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick lunch on my own. It's an open and friendly place, and certainly popular. The salad starter I had was very tasty but the main course shrimp and calamari medley was a little tasteless. I suspect the fish had been frozen but can't swear to it. The waiters could not have been friendlier but I will try some other places before I go back.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rumson, New Jersey
“Hits the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Met friends on a Thursday night. Not too difficult to get a late reservation, moderately crowded. Food was very good, and service was decent. I'd call it a safe bet in Tribeca, won't be the best food, service, or scene you'll find, but won't let you down in any of those departments. Overall, good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Food but very expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

After a gap of many years, I returned to the Tribeca Grill to host a dinner for a few colleagues. Overall I thought that the quality of food was high. Certainly, everyone was pleased with their selection. However, perhaps not surprisingly, the dinner menu was a lot more expensive than the fixed price lunch option. The wine list, while very comprehensive, was ridiculously expensive. Very few choices could be described as good value for money. Our server tried very hard but she struggled to keep up with the large number of tables she had to look after.

I am certain that if this restaurant wasn't owned by Robert De Niro it would have closed by now. However his name is enough to get people to keep coming. Unless someone else is paying, my advice would be to avoid dinner and stick to the lunch menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

What surprised me was the attentive service. I assumed the service would be lacking because of the hype surrounding the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. And the food was great too.

Visited October 2012
Reading
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a superb lunch here last Friday, which I think was the last day of restaurant week. It was great value just $25 for 3 courses. My partner and I both had roast chicken as a main course and it was cooked to perfection. The puddings here are to die for. The service was very good and we generally loved the ambience and atmosphere of the place. Would highly recommend and will be back next time we're in New York.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere