“my experience at Sevilla Restaurant & Bar” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sevilla Restaurant & Bar

Sevilla Restaurant & Bar
62 Charles St, Apt 4, New York City, NY 10014-3088 (Manhattan)
212-243-9513
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“my experience at Sevilla Restaurant & Bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Beautiful location for dinner. Vomited in the restroom after being there about 2 hours -- the right timing for a foodborne illness. I had diarrhea and abdominal pain for several days afterward. Can't prove it was the food, but I never get sick. Would not go there again. Food was very salty. Clams were tough. Table was very small for three.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ticonderoga
“Forty Years of Dining Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If I lived in Greenwich Village I would eat at Sevilla every day -- for the home-made salad dressing alone. As it is, when we travle back home to the city from our far-northern poutpost in the Adirondacks, the three places we always go are Peter Luger in Queens (the original Brooklyn site is always too busy), Park Side in Corona, and Sevilla at Charles and West 4th. Sevilla serves what my beloved spouse, The Lovely Former Ada Santiago of Ponce, Puerto Rico, says is the best paella she's ever eaten. Me, I don't eat seafood, so usually I have Chicken Villaroy, with an occasional foray into veal. Been eating here since the early 1970s, and hope never to have to stop.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisvegas
“Over rated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were told this was the best paella - well I'd hate to have the worst! The place was packed so certainly very popular. The serves are huge so maybe it's the price. I'm not a great paella fan & this place didn't change my opinion.

New York
“Yummmmmy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you want Paella and San Gria this is the place in New York City to go to. Location in the West Village is great and the place itself has atmosphere I guess one would call it. Service is great and the prices for what your getting and where you are dining are certainly reasonable. With all the San Gria I would suggest a Taxi home and not the subway, lol. Also, expect to need a doggie bag, they don't skimp on portions.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceville, NJ
“A neighborhood standby in the West Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We joined another couple for a Friday night dinner at this restaurant on Charles Street. It was our first time there. Our friends have been coming for years, and I can see why. The paella was terrific, plentiful and delicious. My wife had shrimp in a garlic sauce, and our friends had similar dishes in a hot sauce. My wife and I shared a calamari appetizer. The dishes all came with salad, and, with coffees at the end of dinner, I thought we all had ample portions at reasonable prices. We arrived at 6 P.M. and, by the time we left, a hefty line was waiting to be seated. They may take reservations, but only for large parties. Get there early. You'll be glad you did.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere