“Wonderful food, Perfect Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
12 East 12th Street, Between Fifth Avenue & University Place, New York City, NY 10003 (Greenwich Village)
212.620.4020
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Paris, Texas, USA
“Wonderful food, Perfect Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We took a group of 12 and they had a round table for all of us. The service was impeccable and everyone was thrilled with what they ordered. The halibut special was probably the best dish we had. Highly recommend!!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
West Orange, New Jersey
“Still one of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've been going to Gotham since it opened back in the 80's. It is still one of the best and one of our favorites. I particularly like to go for lunch when you can get a great value in addition to the wonderful food and top notch service. I even bought their cookbook so I can make some of the dishes at home.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great way to finish a birthday and engagement!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

From walking in to leaving the Gotham grill everything was nearly perfect(tables too close together for perfection). From the moment we sat down John our waiter couldn't do enough to make sure our night went perfect,talking us through wine list to match food and which meals he recommended. We decided on tuna tartar,2 mushroom risotto and a seafood chowder,all which were stunning. Mains were New York steak,2 duck dishes and a mushroom and herb encrusted halibut to which we all said they were the best meals we've ever eaten!! Pear soufflé,trio of sorbet and cheese board followed to finish a perfect meal with a nice touch of a personal birthday wish and congratulations for the engagement which accompanied a complementary bottle of champagne. We also found the bill very reasonable for the standard of food and service we recivied. We would have no hesitation in going back to this great restaurant. Thanks for a great night.

New York City, New York
“Decorated beautifully for the holidays!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great food and the holiday decorations are really beautiful!
The food here is delicious, everyone loved what they ate. The duck, lobster and Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras stood out the most and received the most praise!
The desserts were disappointing, if you are a desert lover you will not be satisfied. This restaurant would be a 5 if, desserts were better and wait staff a little friendlier.
If you get a chance look at the herb garden out the back window.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My daughter went with a friend and came home raving about food, service & presentation. Made reservations for my sister's birthday. The tables were so close together that the woman sitting at the next table who was loud was yelling in my ear. The service was fine. Best I could say would be generic - I had been at Ruth's Kris the week before for dinner & the staff was friendly and very personable. Food was fine - nothing great and nothing notable about presentation. The only time I have ever seen food so well presented that I stopped and wanted to take photos was in the Hudson River Club years ago. When I go out I want space, good service and a relaxing memorable experience - this was not that. My birthday is coming up and I will tell my family/friends that this is not on the list of places to go. It would have been a disappointing experience no matter but after all of the hype it was especially so.

• Visited January 2013