“Fantastic & very expensive food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bouley

Bouley
163 Duane Street, New York City, NY 10013-3803 (TriBeCa)
+1 212-964-2525
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $55 five course tasting menu for lunch, a prix fixe of three courses for $125 and $185 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
Moscow, Russia
“Fantastic & very expensive food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Fantastic food experience, notable winelist, great ambience. It was a great gourmet experience! But the bill was one of the highest that we ever had;)

• Turkish first
Fredericton, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friends and I like to experience new restaurants every time we travel and always make it a point not to go twice to the same one but Bouley is the exception. My friends went last year but I wasn't there, they talked so much about it that I couldn't wait to try this place. When we all return to NYC this year it was a must on the to-do list and Bouley did not disappoint. From distinguish decor, to velvety ambience, to personal warm service, to obviously decadent food, everything was an experience. We went for a late lunch on Friday, the tasting menu is a gem at a price that should really be kept a secret (so they don't raise it). ;) I am convinced we will "try" that place again…and again!

• Visited May 2014
springfield, IL
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Thursday night and loved everything we had, great wine, stellar Sea Urchin, and the mushroom dish was out of this world. It was the most expensive meal of he trip but we were celebrating my wife's birthday, we will always remember out time at Bouley. Thank you...

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A new low of all lows...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I really don't enjoy writing bad reviews as to be honest, life is more fun when experiences are great and positive.
Unfortunately Bouley win a new lowest of the low review for me. Again if I could give a zero rating, you'd get it Bouley. Having specifically told the restaurant when I booked a table well in advance it was to celebrate the last night in New York of our honeymoon, they cancelled my table the day before without a call to explain or even an email. It was only because I called to check my booking that I Found out. I made an official complaint and asked that the manager call me personally at my hotel. He/she deemed it not important enough.

I'm sure the food is great, but this is the worst I have ever encountered in customer service and arrogance. Not even a token apology or bottle of champagne from management for almost ruining our honeymoon. We have had a really splendid time on it though regardless but thanks for not asking or calling me back to make sure.

Boyley is a disgrace and so ashamedly typical of today's supposed fine dining restauranteurs - if you want a nice dinner in NYC and it's a special occasion, please go elsewhere to avoid disappointment and being cancelled for clearly more important diners.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Modern Elegance in Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Upon entering you are greeted by a gorgeous sitting room appointed with chandeliers and velvet clad chairs. We had a glass of wine in the lounge before going to our table. There is a cart of bread, at least 10 different kinds to chose from and that didn't even include to 2 they bring you when you sit. If I wasn't a fan after that ... well I LOVE bread. The chef sent out 2 gifts to begin, a micro salad with a dijon dressings and a black truffle crostini. We decided not to do the tasting menu and ordered a appetizer (Foragers Treasure and Pink Shrimp, Scallops, & Dungeonous Crab) and a Main Course (Lamb and Duck) All we amazing and generous servings. The lamb and duck came Medium Rare and cooked perfectly. We were then treated to a sorbet over shaved pineapple. We ordered the Chocolate Souffle ( Don't miss this) and then a tray of chocolates arrive. As just as we were walking at the door, a little white bag with a tea cake to take home. This is EXACTLY how fine dining should be done!

• Visited June 2014