“So many wonderful memories” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $55 five course tasting menu for lunch and $175 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
Sydney, Australia
2,573 reviews 2,573 reviews
1,450 restaurant reviews
1,149 helpful votes 1,149 helpful votes
“So many wonderful memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Have had many special nights here - one memorable night had Bryan Adams sitting by the window and singing to his guests - wasn't sure who it was but everyone else did.
Great food and wonderful service.

• Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
“supreme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

you can't believe it.
this is heaven!
everything dish is so well-calculated and the best of the bests, even bettr to my palate than most French 3-stars in France!

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best meal of my life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

On a "sisters" trip with my older sister, she made sure we ate at all the "in" restaurants in NYC and this was one of them. We booked a table for 7 with my cousins from NYC and Vancouver for a late lunch on a Saturday (it was the only reservation we could score) and we were SO glad we went. The foyer is surrounded by walls of fresh apples and it smelled amazing. We waited in the waiting area for maybe 15 minutes and when we were shown our seats, we were given a "chef's gift" right away. The service was impeccably timed and I loved every minute of it. The bread cart was amazing and I wanted to try every bread on there (but didn't, since I had so many courses ahead of me). We received several chef's gifts in between courses and the five course meal took us 3 hours to consume. I will never forget the taste of truffles nor will I forget the amazing texture of the crab. This will not be my last meal there, that's for sure!

• Visited March 2013
Trondheim, Norway
“Fantastic restaurant - I'll try something different next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

After a lot of research I booked this restaurant as part of my surprise honeymoon to my wife in June. The expectations were obviously very high.

The food was excellent, the room and atmosphere as well.

Service was very good - probably the way it is supposed to be in this kind of restaurant. However, I felt that the tone was a bit too formal and brief.

And I did not get the "wow" feeling after our visit, maybe because I had too high expectations. Been there, done that - next time I'll try a different restaurant.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Romantic and Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Bouley offers fine dining in a beautiful setting. Upon entering Bouley's foyer, the air is permeated with the fragrance of fresh Fujii apples that are lined up on shelves. Then you move into an elegantly appointed lounge before you get to the main dining room, which decor is French Provincial. Once your are seated, you will feel the romance of that room and its understated luxury. I've only had the tasting menu the times I've been there and each dish I've sampled was sublime. Service is exceptional. If one is in the mood for a little romance, elegant ambiance and fine dining, this is it. Absolutely the best.

• Visited December 2012