“Number 1 for a reason” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 11,595 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $55 five course tasting menu for lunch and $175 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Number 1 for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can certainly see why Bouley now ranks number 1 on tripadvisor! It was an amazing dining experience. I felt as though I had stepped back into Paris. The food was out of this world delicious, and the service was impeccable. We were completely spoiled by the waiters. Bouley should have three Michelin stars!

• Visited March 2013

87% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Ithaca
“We haven't been disappointed yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food, ambiance, service -- all great. The lunch menus offer an opportunity to sample David Bouley's cooking at a good price.

• Visited December 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you only have time for one fine dining experience while in NYC this must be the one. I have had the pleasure of dining at Bouley three times and can't wait for a fourth. The staff is friendly and very professional. Each time we have ordered the tasting menu and are amazed at the imaginative presentation and fine quality of each and every morsel. I recommended Bouley to a foodie friend who gave it a 25 rating on a 1 -10 scale! Don't miss this treasure!

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Romantic atmosphere, excellent service, high quality food! We went for dinner, my husband ordered 5-course prix-fixe and I got 3 courses. We were offered many complimentary samples and I was given additional samples to match my husband's 5 courses. We were too full to move but couldn't resist the delicious food. Besides all the other great dishes, they have the best mashed potato I have ever had!

• Visited January 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“One of the best restaurants in New York, no matter what”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A real wonder why this place isn't better rated by Michelin! It's certainly not cheap, but you couldn't call it expensive. The food is among the best in the city, and that is a lot to say for a restaurant in New York City. Every cent you spend is more like investing in great experiences for your palate.

I've been lucky enough to dine at great restaurants there over the past twenty years. From classic delis to three star rated kitchens. Being no expert and a perfectly unknown critic, I understand, I still trust my judgement when I speak of food (my belly is sort of giving that away too).

My trips to New York are normally family related, and we are all enthusiasts of new flavors. We like to explore new places, discover trends and enjoy local practices. However, Bouley is always a must every time we are there.

Don't miss out on a great treat. By the way, it was originally a bakery, so the bread there is delicious.

• Visited April 2012