“First Night in Town-awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #557 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Mpls.
“First Night in Town-awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Since we had just arrived at our hotel and it was well passed dinner, we opted for VIV which was right next door. We were seated immediately. Cute decor. Excellent service. My daughter loves Thai food and has tried many Thai places. She loved it saying it rivaled her favorite place in Chicago.

London, United Kingdom
“Great thai in a lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went here for lunch on my last day in New York as it was closeby to where I was staying and i'm glad I did. They have a 2 course lunch offer for $7.95/$8.95 plus tax depending on what meat you choose for your main. I had the spring rolls and the chicken panang and it was flavoursome and a good size (not too big). The decor is really nice inside and the music was a nice touch. It looks expensive by the decor. If you did eat off the menu it was normal US pricing like $10 - $20 for a main plus tax. The staff were friendly and all in all I enjoyed the experience. Although it wasn't overly busy when dining in, the kitchen seemed to be doing quite a few delivery orders.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went to VIV on a whim and I'm glad I did. I had the spring rolls appetizer and the sweet and sour chicken. Everything was good. I loved loved loved the decor of the restaurant. It was glam and fabulous.

The Entrance, Australia
“Good Thai food in a classy joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We dined here last week, we were staying next door at Affina Dumont and the food is very good. Had some other Thai meals in the US and they just didnt cut the mustard. Coming from Australia I think we get spoilt for good Thia food. Anyway good meals , nice presentation and as with most place in US great service. We ended up eating here 2 times in our 10 day stay in NY

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“So happy VIV came to Murray Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have lived in Murray Hill (Midtown Manhattan) for 6 years and FINALLY a really good and very inexpensive Thai restaurant came to 34th St. Every dish I have tried on the menu has been delicious. From the wings tossed in caramel garlic sauce to the seafood avocado papaya salad and pineapple fried rice with shrimp, everything is a slight twist on a classic Thai dish.

And, they have a great happy hour that starts early with beer for $3 and wine for $5. Can not beat that!!!!

• Visited August 2013