“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #90 of 453 Hotels in New York City
new orleans
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

A group of 4 ladies stayed in the Springhill suites April 23-27,2014 . The room was great and the staff very helpful.

I have to agree with other reviews the breakfast area is congested, but the breakfast is good.

One of our party became I'll on the day we were to checkout and the hotel allowed us to check out late so that she could stay comfortably in the room until we had to leave for the airport. We appreciated this very much!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hello gmwrdh,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay with you and your 3 friends. I'm sorry that one of the members of your group was ill on the last day of your stay. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you by extending your check-out time later than normal. Thank you for the great 5-star rating, and we hope to see you again next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

From the time of check-in to the doorman hailing us a cab after we checked out, everything was perfect. Sherrie, at the front desk, was helpful with any questions we had and always had a smile on her face. She was a great start to our 4 night vacation. Our room was clean and comfortable. Thanks Fiona, our maid. Yummy free breakfast every morning. Coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave came in handy. I always sleep well in Marriott beds. And absolutely loved the huge shower. The location really can't be beat. Subway close by. Great value. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Jersey721,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your trip to the city. I am glad to hear that a few difference associates positively impacted your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Sherrise and Fiona, and thanked our entire doorman team for helping you out as well. I am delighted to hear that along with our service the breakfast, room amenities, and location were perfect for your stay. We hope you will join us again for your next trip.

Thanks Again,
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at The Springhill Suites for four nights on a city break in New York. The room was expensive, and small by normal standards, but probably the 'going rate' for New York. It was very clean, well furnished and the staff were helpful and friendly. It is ideally situated in Midtown for exploring Manhattan and the New York sites. It is a short walk from Herlad Square (Macy's, Empire State, Madison Square Gardens) and is near to Grand Central and Penn stations. I would definitely recommend it for a short stay city break in New York.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel, with an uninspiring view of adjacent roof tops. Ask for a ro...
Hi Michael,

Thank you for staying with us for your New York City trip. It sound like you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that our hotel was fitting for your travel needs, and that you enjoyed the central location to nearby destinations. Thank you for your recommendation and feedback, we will see you next time!
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I traveled to NYC with my daughter for her birthday. SpringHill Suites' staff are super friendly, courteous and helpful. Sherrise at the Front Desk was amazing, super nice, professional and very helpful with any questions we had.

The room was nice and roomy, comfortable bed, great shower with plenty of HOT water. TERRIFIC view of the Empire State Building. The breakfast was great--scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, whatever we wanted. They are a couple of blocks to a subway stop that got us all over the city.

As I said earlier we traveled to NYC for my daughter's birthday. They had a gift bag with a few snacks and a birthday card for her. A very nice special touch that made my daughter very happy (and this mama, too!) I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to the city!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a city view - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Chelley J,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our staff did a great job for you and your daughter’s stay. Thank you for pointing out Sherrise at our front desk, I have shared your feedback with her and we are both excited that you had such a great time. I hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday here in New York, and will join us again for your next trip. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning on staying with us, as I would like to ensure your next stay is as great as this one!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel has it all. A nice hot breakfast, comfy bed, great shower, and a central location. We ate a big breakfast everyday: eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bagels - even Nutella for your toast. Returning late at night (from the nearby subway stop or restaurant) felt very safe, you needed your room key to get into the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful, checkin and checkout was easy, they kept our luggage on the last day until our flight and ordered up a car service to the airport as well. We walked to the Empire State Building, Times Square,a Broadway show, Rockefeller center, and the close subway stops made getting to Central Park and further locations a breeze.

Room Tip: The front side faces the Empire State Building, the back faces another building, but we weren't...
Hello CMJ!

Thank you for the wonderfully rating and review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, and thank you for highlighting the items you were provided during your stay. We understand that with so many different hotel choices in New York, it is the little things like feeling safe, providing great service, and other amenities to our guests can really set us apart. Thank you again and we will see you for your next trip to the Big Apple!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. It's close enough to all of the attractions, but far enough to stay out of the traffic and the noise. Check-in was a breeze, and I even checked-in early. The room was spacious by Manhattan definition. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was modern and had a nice glassed in shower. Although it is directly across from the bed, so be aware. Breakfast was free, but it is crowded and busy so go early. The elevators were quick also. Overall, this was a great stay and I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello Chankinsrun,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotels location, bed, and other room amenities. I completely agree with you that it is the best option to come down early for the complimentary breakfast. We do have limited space, and everyone seems to come down during the last half hour. Thanks again for the review and for choosing us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Being unable to email SpringHill Suites as there isn't one, I sent a letter over a month ago for our stay in November. However, I have not had a reply which I find to be most discourteous and hope that if the GM reads this he might please reply? Thank you so much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Good Morning CosmicRays,

Thank you for your post on our site. I wanted to reach out to assist you in any way possible, as it seems you are having trouble getting some information you are requesting. I assure you that we respond to all guest requests that we receive immediately, and with urgency.

If you still need assistance in any way at all please feel free to contact our hotel directly at 212-391-2255, or if email is more convenient you can email me directly at Nick.Cooper@marriott.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Sincerely

Been to SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!