“great hotel to stay at while in nyc” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue

You added SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 West 37th St, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #93 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Cooper City, Florida
“great hotel to stay at while in nyc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

the hotel is in an excellent location. close and walking distance to theatre/restaurants/shopping/subway station/attractions (bryant park). the staff was always friendly and accomodating. room was always clean, roomy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Pearl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy that you found our location, rooms, and staff service ideal for your vacation needs. We hope that you will join us again when you visit New York.

Have A Great Day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Turkish first
spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed for three nights as part of our seven week driving holiday. The hotel easy to find using Google Maps and counting the streets. The two down sides where, 65 USD. per night parking this really bumps up your costs. The second was our room was very cold and the heating system just pumped out cold air. We asked for an extra blanket in the end.
The room was not big but had all that we needed. Good view if the E S B from our window.. Good breakfast and very convenient to sight see New York.

Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello AlexanderSpain,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive so that we can use it to improve our product for our current and future guests. If you choose to stay with us again in the future please feel free to let our staff know anytime that you have a need that we can address such as your heating system in your room. We always have someone on staff that is more than happy to assist you with anything that you need. I’m glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and views of the city. I hope you had a safe trip home and that we will see you next time you are in the Big Apple!

Thanks Again
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned from 6 nights at this hotel - Family of 4 stayed in room with view of Empire State Building which was very clean, comfortable and above average size for a NYC hotel with free WIFI Breakfast had good choice of fresh fruit, yogurts, variety of bread, beverages, etc. All staff were efficient, friendly and willing to provide assistance - nothing too much trouble!! We were caught up in snow storm on 3rd January 14 with our flight to UK cancelled - the reception staff could not have been more helpful in assisting us with resolving this issue. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will use this hotel on our next visit to New York.

Room Tip: We had room 1805 with a wonderful view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello McGowan2014,

Thank you for your feedback and great review. I see that you were here for the first major snow storm of the year. I’m glad that you were able to make it back home safely and that our staff was happy to assist in helping you with your issue. I will pass-on your feedback to our staff so that they know how satisfied you were with their efforts. They will be happy to hear that your family enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, WIFI, and service. Happy New Year and thank you again for your review!
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved this hotel and plan to stay here again on my next trip to New York City. One of my favorite hotels I have stayed at ever, let alone in New York City. I would recommend to anyone. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful along with the hotel being situated in an ideal location, just a short walk from the famous times square. Stayed here with family for 4 nights, room service was excellent and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Jonathon,

Thank you for your great review. To hear one of our guest’s say that this was one of your favorite hotels you have ever stayed at ever is the ultimate compliment to us. I’m glad that you found the staff, location, and room to fit you and your families needs. We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to New York City. Best regards to you and your family from the SpringHill!

Happy New Year
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

my boyfriend and I went down to nyc for one night and we arrived 4 hours before check in time. We didnt want to carry our lumpy heavy bags with us through the city or waste time sitting around when we had such limited time to enjoy the city, and the hotel was kind enough to let us check in early and gave us a great street view. They were helpful with all of the questions we had, since we are novice travelers of the city. Then when we left, our bus wasnt leaving for several hours after check out, and once again the hotel accomodated us by letting us leave our bags with them for the few hours before our trip so we could go enjoy the city a little longer. All the little things they did for us made the trip that much better. Oh, and the bed? SO comfortable, even on the way home we made comments about how we wish we had more nights sleeping in that bed! terrific shower and bedroom size/decor/ammenities, etc. all of it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jess L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear when our guests are happy with the level of service they received during their time with us. I’m happy to hear that we were able to help make things comfortable for you before you’re check-in as well as after you checked out.

We understand that it’s the little things that our guest’s remember, and can have a great impact on the overall experience and satisfaction of the guests of our hotel. I hope your trip home was as easy and enjoyable as your time in the city.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I feel like I'm going to reiterate what everyone else has already said here, but the location is amazing. This was the first time that I stayed in a hotel that was not in Times Square and I will never ever stay in that madness again now that I have this an option. My husband and I stayed there last week so that we could go to a basketball game at MSG.

The view of the ESB is amazing! We were able to watch the Christmas light display from our bed. The rooms were big (for NYC standards) and clean. I liked that we had a microwave and minifridge in our room. Breakfast was nice too. I really, really appreciated that it included eggs & sausage - as opposed to just carbs. Lots of breads, yogurt, fresh fruit and good coffee too.

My only somewhat negative comment is that this brand isn't a full service hotel (i.e., no concierge and no onsite restaurant or bar), but you know that when you book so we weren't really looking for that. We did need wine glasses to enjoy a bottle that we brought back and we ended up having to go out to get some. It is what it is though. I will gladly trade the space and location and price for an onsite bar! And, that's the only negative thing that I can say about the place. Which frankly isn't even a fair thing to say. Once we figured out that The Strand, right next door, had a nice happy hour, we just went there the next night.

Lastly, the service was phenomenal. From check in to breakfast to check out and baggage storage, EVERYONE working there was so nice, accommodating, and friendly.

I'm going to make this my regular hotel for my NYC visits. I try to get there for fun 3-4 times per year. Oh yeah, I also greatly appreciated that Wi-Fi was included in the room rate. It drives me crazy to have to pay for it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi Elicpse05,

Thank you for your awesome review! It is nice to hear that you and your family had a great time in the city. Thank you for trying out our hotel, as you stated it is a little more normal outside the madness of Times Square.

Christmas time in New York is such a special time, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it as well and were able to experience several great attractions that the city has to offer.

As you had mentioned we may not be a full service hotel, but we definitely try to maximize what we do have. Our breakfast is a nice touch, and we are always trying to add different options to keep a wide variety for our guest's. Next time you stay with us i'm sure we will have some additional offerings to fit your needs as well.

I have shared your feedback with our team regarding the level of service that you experienced. We understand that with many hotels in this city our service is what can set us apart from everyone else. Thank you again for a great review, and we hope to see you again for your next trip.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the springhill in June. We found that the location was great in that it is just blocks away from Times Square and is easily within walking distance of everything except China Town. It is a new hotel so it is clean. There are several food venues nearby, the staff was especially helpful and even arranged for us to share a limo ride to the airport with another couple.

Room Tip: Get a room that faced the Empire State Building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Corpilot,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our location, hotel, and staff throughout your trip. We hope you will come see us again in the future.

Safe Travels

Been to SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!