“Excellent find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was such good value for what we paid. NYC can be so expensive to stay in, but this was a find! It was in the perfect location for us as we could easily walk to our Broadway show (even in 20 degree weather!), and go in either direction to get to our favorite restaurants and stores. We usually stay at Kimpton but the room size at this Best Western were even roomier than the Kimpton we stayed at last time. And the location was much better!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel as a suggestion. I was pleased to find out te hotel was clean and in a great location in NYC. Staff was courteous and the value was exceptional! Having breakfast included was key. The lounge and the fitness center were an added bonus.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a Somali boutique hotel right in the center of New York City and close to Macy's, Times Square and major attractions. Good people work here and prices are great too! There is also a free breakfast and rooms have designer couture touch with small spaces.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My stay here is always a pleasure, the staff is kind and accomodating as well as respectful ov ones privacy. They offer great ameninties and I love that the building is eco certified. Last time I was there there was no hot water but I'm sure that was an isolated incident and I did not call the problem down so it is my fault I did not have them look into it, I guess I didn't mind enough to push it.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel, reasonable price, with friendly staff. The rooms are small, but clean and quiet. The location near Times Square is fantastic! The breakfast was ok, despite I don't like plastic cutlery in plastic. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is perfectly situated by Times Square. My bf and I are big-time walkers, but I would still consider this easily 'walking distance' to most of the major NY museums by normal human standards. The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful.

The room was nice and modern and the bed was suuuper comfy. We stayed in room 1305 and were told we'd have a view of the Empire State Building but it was definitely just a view of the cute, old apartment building across the street.

It would have been nice to see the skyline, but we were in the room furthest from the elevator and, considering that there's absolutely NO soundproofing between rooms and the hall, (seriously almost half an inch of light shining under the door that I had to stop up with a towel) I suspect that I would have slept much worse in the other rooms. We could hear every voice in the hall all night and of course guests will be coming and going at all hours by Times Square. We heard every door handle turn, every door slam, the ice machine, the elevator chirps, everything. I don't know that I've ever had a more frequently interrupted sleep and this was a mid-week after the holidays were finished.

I'm also amazed by how much light was in the room. The tv glowed in two places and had to be covered up, the smoke detector had a bright green LED light, the light under the door, the thermostat if in use and even the window. I can't understand why BW would use blackout curtains cut to fit within the window, it just means that you have a rectangle of light shining all around the edge.

The free breakfast cafe used entirely disposable dishes and utensils, not even reusable coffee mugs which seemed like incredibly, incredibly excessive waste. It was also pretty much all pastries and baked goods so if you can't eat grains, you won't really be getting a free breakfast. The 'hot' foods were microwaved bacon, sausage and pre-cooked microwave omelets (ugh, the texture was unforgettable). It seemed like all of their hots were just microwaved foods. This was also the only restaurant I saw in New York that had a 'B' rating from the health inspector. We tried to eat reasonably well, but both had mild stomach aches from the breakfasts.

All in all, you'll get a GREAT location for an average New York price and I'd highly recommend ear plugs, a sleeping mask and breakfast elsewhere if you feel like this is still the hotel for you.

Belmont, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here 1/13/2015, arriving about a half hour earlier than the posted check-in time. We were given no hassle about being early, which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel validates your parking ticket which discounts it down to $35. The facilities were SUPER clean, recently renovated, and the staff was extremely accommodating and welcoming! The price was fair, we paid $189 for 4 of us, taxes included. The room was smaller than I had anticipated but had some of THE most comfortable beds EVER! The complimentary breakfast included MANY selections and was fresh and tasty. I'd stay there again in a second!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square? Share your experiences!