“Went out of their way to help my family!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #118 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Raleigh, NC
“Went out of their way to help my family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

First, let me just say that this is a beautiful hotel with very classy accomodations. Just a great place to spend a night or two in Midtown.

We traveled to NYC from North Carolina and spent one night here and were planning on spending the next two nights at a hotel in Brooklyn. Long story short: the hotel in Brooklyn was a dump and we deperately wanted to get back to the Best Western in Midtown.

Fortunately, there was a room available and the staff was very welcoming in our return. Frank, in particular, was incredibly helpful in getting us into a room sooner than we expected.

Thanks to them for their hospitality. You can feel very secure staying here. It's a great hotel in a great NYC spot!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Colonial Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here b/c we got a great deal on Hotels.com. It was only $110 a night. We stayed 3 nights. For the price we paid we were very pleased. It is very new so everything is nice and clean and bright. The décor is hip. The pictures are accurate. Breakfast wasn't much to brag about but it was free. If you drive there is a parking lot a few doors down. They give you a coupon for $35 a day. The address numbers are hard to find but it's right next to the Hyatt and Holiday Day Inn Express. The rooms were small but from what I understand all rooms in New York are.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I came for just a night, but would have loved to stay longer. The room was clean, and since the hotel was just built, everything was brand new. Although small, the size was very average for an NYC hotel. The decor was very modern and seamless.The staff was friendly and courteous. Free wireless in-room? That's just the icing on top of the cake.

I had no issues, and although I used Best Western Rewards points to pay for my stay, I would happily have paid my own money to stay. The rates seemed very reasonable for the great location and hotel quality. I love Herald Square and the surrounding area (great shopping and not too far from the theatre district)! I was very impressed, and I will most certainly be back on my next trip to the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sunny Isles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to New York, and I was impressed with the new, clean feeling of the hotel! Friendly staff, especially the blonde lady who checked us out. The room we had was quite small, probably typical for NYC, but clean, clean, clean!!! Loved the decor! The only issue we had, which was small but notable, was that we did not have toilet paper or tissues in the room when we checked in. But to be fair, we did check In early. I did notify the front desk when we headed out to explore the city, although they did put any in our room. I had to call down to have some brought up. But like I said, minor!

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for those who have not been to NYC before. It is very close to Time square and we walked almost everywhere. We did take one of the city tour buses to get around to the lower part of manhattan.

I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here on business last week and was just plain impressed. I loved the staff, the location, and the hotel itself. The room was spotless and perfectly sized for a single traveling to the city. Their Wi-Fi was strong enough for me to work seamlessly throughout the hotel. And when work was over, I could visit my favorite store, Macy's but more importantly, I was able to find dining opportunities all around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I visited New York City earlier this month (June 2013). It was our first time visiting and we were concerned...very concerned...about where to stay and whether we would be wasting our precious vacation time by staying at a hotel that was far from everything. So we decided to try the Best Western Premier HERALD SQUARE. It was by far the most ideal location we could have stayed at...and I am confirming it in retrospect through this review.

As you may know, NYC is an old city with very expensive real estate...including hotel stays that are costly on a nightly basis. It is not uncommon to pay a minimum of $250/night...and that at an average hotel. What sets this hotel apart from other hotels including other BW's in NYC is that the the BW Herald Square is a BRAND NEW HOTEL...just opened its doors in mid-May 2013!! This means that all the rooms and furniture and bedding is new...and it was!!! It was fabulous!!! NYC being an old city with old real estate you will be staying in worn out and tired rooms unless you fork over $800+ a night. As an experiment I checked out the rates at a hotel only 2 minutes walking distance from this hotel: they were charging $450++ per night!!!! And it was a similar class/standard but was NOT a brand new hotel.

As for location, we took the M60 bus from Laguardia airport (bought a 7 day pass for $30 at the airport) to Astoria stop, then hopped on the N train which took us to Herald Square station. The Best Western Herald Square was a 2 minute walk!!! We were so happy! It gets even better. The Herald Square station also has several other trains that pass through it giving you great access to so many different parts of NYC...with Times Square only ONE STOP away!!! You just cannot beat that!!! Have fun in NYC when you stay at this hotel.

And lastly...the hotel staff is superb!! Kudos and many thanks to Mustafah, the hotel manager who made us feel so welcome and ensured we enjoyed our stay. And finally I would say that if you are a fan of the BW chain...THIS is the one to stay at when you visit NYC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in NYC for business in June. The BWP was an ideal location as I did not want to rent a car. With meetings in Times Square, SOHO, Midtown West, the hotel's location allowed for easy access to all whether by foot or cab.

The hotel was new and so everything was in great condition. I was impressed with the free internet (which worked wonderfully) and that the TV remote was bagged and noted as a clean remote. If you read about the dirtest spots in your hotel room, this was nice. The room was quiet.

On the downside, it was a bit small, but then again it did have two beds. Also I could not get the room's temp below 67. I prefer it to be colder when I sleep. The other thing that struck me odd, was that breakfast was offered to 10:00, but the first day I was there it was shut down at 9:30. Breakfast is awesome - scrambled eggs, sausage (link and patty) bacon, potatoes, cereals, bagels, yogurts, etc.

The hotel is a bargin for what you get. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square? Share your experiences!