“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 452 hotels in New York City
Sunny Isles
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to New York, and I was impressed with the new, clean feeling of the hotel! Friendly staff, especially the blonde lady who checked us out. The room we had was quite small, probably typical for NYC, but clean, clean, clean!!! Loved the decor! The only issue we had, which was small but notable, was that we did not have toilet paper or tissues in the room when we checked in. But to be fair, we did check In early. I did notify the front desk when we headed out to explore the city, although they did put any in our room. I had to call down to have some brought up. But like I said, minor!

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for those who have not been to NYC before. It is very close to Time square and we walked almost everywhere. We did take one of the city tour buses to get around to the lower part of manhattan.

I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here on business last week and was just plain impressed. I loved the staff, the location, and the hotel itself. The room was spotless and perfectly sized for a single traveling to the city. Their Wi-Fi was strong enough for me to work seamlessly throughout the hotel. And when work was over, I could visit my favorite store, Macy's but more importantly, I was able to find dining opportunities all around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I visited New York City earlier this month (June 2013). It was our first time visiting and we were concerned...very concerned...about where to stay and whether we would be wasting our precious vacation time by staying at a hotel that was far from everything. So we decided to try the Best Western Premier HERALD SQUARE. It was by far the most ideal location we could have stayed at...and I am confirming it in retrospect through this review.

As you may know, NYC is an old city with very expensive real estate...including hotel stays that are costly on a nightly basis. It is not uncommon to pay a minimum of $250/night...and that at an average hotel. What sets this hotel apart from other hotels including other BW's in NYC is that the the BW Herald Square is a BRAND NEW HOTEL...just opened its doors in mid-May 2013!! This means that all the rooms and furniture and bedding is new...and it was!!! It was fabulous!!! NYC being an old city with old real estate you will be staying in worn out and tired rooms unless you fork over $800+ a night. As an experiment I checked out the rates at a hotel only 2 minutes walking distance from this hotel: they were charging $450++ per night!!!! And it was a similar class/standard but was NOT a brand new hotel.

As for location, we took the M60 bus from Laguardia airport (bought a 7 day pass for $30 at the airport) to Astoria stop, then hopped on the N train which took us to Herald Square station. The Best Western Herald Square was a 2 minute walk!!! We were so happy! It gets even better. The Herald Square station also has several other trains that pass through it giving you great access to so many different parts of NYC...with Times Square only ONE STOP away!!! You just cannot beat that!!! Have fun in NYC when you stay at this hotel.

And lastly...the hotel staff is superb!! Kudos and many thanks to Mustafah, the hotel manager who made us feel so welcome and ensured we enjoyed our stay. And finally I would say that if you are a fan of the BW chain...THIS is the one to stay at when you visit NYC.

colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in NYC for business in June. The BWP was an ideal location as I did not want to rent a car. With meetings in Times Square, SOHO, Midtown West, the hotel's location allowed for easy access to all whether by foot or cab.

The hotel was new and so everything was in great condition. I was impressed with the free internet (which worked wonderfully) and that the TV remote was bagged and noted as a clean remote. If you read about the dirtest spots in your hotel room, this was nice. The room was quiet.

On the downside, it was a bit small, but then again it did have two beds. Also I could not get the room's temp below 67. I prefer it to be colder when I sleep. The other thing that struck me odd, was that breakfast was offered to 10:00, but the first day I was there it was shut down at 9:30. Breakfast is awesome - scrambled eggs, sausage (link and patty) bacon, potatoes, cereals, bagels, yogurts, etc.

The hotel is a bargin for what you get. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the week after it opened, for an introductory price (half of the going rate in Manhattan for similar hotels); at the time there were no reviews to be found anywhere online. Although we expected some minor kinks that would need to be worked out, we were positively surprised: other than some minor issues with the wifi we had no problems at all.

The room was very small but practical, and the windows did a great job keeping the noise outside. (It probably also helped that we got a room close to the top floor.) All the basics are covered: usual BW breakfast and wifi in the room are included, coffee machine in the room.

Since the hotel is brand new, everything is neat, clean, and bug-free. The staff was friendly and helpful, too. The location can hardly be beat. Unless they become as expensive as fancier places, this will remain to be a great place to stay in Manhattan for a while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayed A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our brand new hotel with travelers. We are delighted to know you appreciate our free hot breakfast and complimentary WIFI. We appreciate positive comments about our hotel staff. Looking forward to having you with us soon. Thank you again.
Dorval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location, location location...

Booked online last minute as we wanted to go to NYC for a night. I wasn't expecting to find such a great location at this low price. (I expect the price to rise as the hotel will get more popular for sure)

The Staff was super friendly and helpful, too bad i can't remember their names, everything was clean and fresh. I even wondered if the towels in the room were on their first use.

Room is a bit under the standard room size, however it didn't feel too small with the nice big windows.

The only thing, which i'm pretty sure it is fixed by now, i would have love to have chairs and tables on the small terrace in front of the hotel.

Will go again if the price stays right.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east or south have direct view of empire state building
STC, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked this hotel before it was open so I was a little nervous about what to expect. This is a new building and you can tell it's new inside as well. Front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful from the time we arrived till the time we left. Every morning they asked if we needed help for anything as we were leaving, did we need directions, subway routes, etc.

The room wasn't big but then I didn't expect it to be after all I'd read about hotel rooms in NY. It was plenty big and there was room on each side of the king size bed. The closet is really small, like twice the size of a locker, so don't plan on hanging a lot of clothes. Our room was on the 14th floor and faced 36th Street. We had a great view of the Chrysler Bldg and all the happenings along the street. It was really quiet, could hear very little street noise, not sure if it's like that on lower level rooms.

The hotel is advertised as being in Herald Square. It is right at Herald Square but the sign on the street said Fashion District. There are plenty of places to eat right around the hotel if you don't feel like walking far. Yes, there is a huge, free, continental breakfast. However, the pricing shows the cost is $10.99. I was told they were doing it free as an introductory special. I wouldn't pay that much to eat the breakfast but for free it was great. A couple of doors down is a brand new place called Pure Fresh. They offer all meals and have a great selection. It's super clean inside as they just opened.

The hotel will store your luggage for you if you have a later flight than checkout. No, there isn't bottled water in the rooms but I'm not sure why you'd need it. The tap water tasted good and is safe to drink. There is also coffee, tea, and ice water in the front lobby at all times.

There is a desktop computer and printer in the basement. Worked out great to be able to print boarding passes, etc. since I didn't bring my laptop. There is free wifi throughout the hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.We are delighted to know you had such a good time and were pleased with the hotel. The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square? Share your experiences!