“A great locale” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 454 Hotels in New York City
colorado
“A great locale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in NYC for business in June. The BWP was an ideal location as I did not want to rent a car. With meetings in Times Square, SOHO, Midtown West, the hotel's location allowed for easy access to all whether by foot or cab.

The hotel was new and so everything was in great condition. I was impressed with the free internet (which worked wonderfully) and that the TV remote was bagged and noted as a clean remote. If you read about the dirtest spots in your hotel room, this was nice. The room was quiet.

On the downside, it was a bit small, but then again it did have two beds. Also I could not get the room's temp below 67. I prefer it to be colder when I sleep. The other thing that struck me odd, was that breakfast was offered to 10:00, but the first day I was there it was shut down at 9:30. Breakfast is awesome - scrambled eggs, sausage (link and patty) bacon, potatoes, cereals, bagels, yogurts, etc.

The hotel is a bargin for what you get. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the week after it opened, for an introductory price (half of the going rate in Manhattan for similar hotels); at the time there were no reviews to be found anywhere online. Although we expected some minor kinks that would need to be worked out, we were positively surprised: other than some minor issues with the wifi we had no problems at all.

The room was very small but practical, and the windows did a great job keeping the noise outside. (It probably also helped that we got a room close to the top floor.) All the basics are covered: usual BW breakfast and wifi in the room are included, coffee machine in the room.

Since the hotel is brand new, everything is neat, clean, and bug-free. The staff was friendly and helpful, too. The location can hardly be beat. Unless they become as expensive as fancier places, this will remain to be a great place to stay in Manhattan for a while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayed A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our brand new hotel with travelers. We are delighted to know you appreciate our free hot breakfast and complimentary WIFI. We appreciate positive comments about our hotel staff. Looking forward to having you with us soon. Thank you again.
Dorval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location, location location...

Booked online last minute as we wanted to go to NYC for a night. I wasn't expecting to find such a great location at this low price. (I expect the price to rise as the hotel will get more popular for sure)

The Staff was super friendly and helpful, too bad i can't remember their names, everything was clean and fresh. I even wondered if the towels in the room were on their first use.

Room is a bit under the standard room size, however it didn't feel too small with the nice big windows.

The only thing, which i'm pretty sure it is fixed by now, i would have love to have chairs and tables on the small terrace in front of the hotel.

Will go again if the price stays right.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east or south have direct view of empire state building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
STC, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked this hotel before it was open so I was a little nervous about what to expect. This is a new building and you can tell it's new inside as well. Front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful from the time we arrived till the time we left. Every morning they asked if we needed help for anything as we were leaving, did we need directions, subway routes, etc.

The room wasn't big but then I didn't expect it to be after all I'd read about hotel rooms in NY. It was plenty big and there was room on each side of the king size bed. The closet is really small, like twice the size of a locker, so don't plan on hanging a lot of clothes. Our room was on the 14th floor and faced 36th Street. We had a great view of the Chrysler Bldg and all the happenings along the street. It was really quiet, could hear very little street noise, not sure if it's like that on lower level rooms.

The hotel is advertised as being in Herald Square. It is right at Herald Square but the sign on the street said Fashion District. There are plenty of places to eat right around the hotel if you don't feel like walking far. Yes, there is a huge, free, continental breakfast. However, the pricing shows the cost is $10.99. I was told they were doing it free as an introductory special. I wouldn't pay that much to eat the breakfast but for free it was great. A couple of doors down is a brand new place called Pure Fresh. They offer all meals and have a great selection. It's super clean inside as they just opened.

The hotel will store your luggage for you if you have a later flight than checkout. No, there isn't bottled water in the rooms but I'm not sure why you'd need it. The tap water tasted good and is safe to drink. There is also coffee, tea, and ice water in the front lobby at all times.

There is a desktop computer and printer in the basement. Worked out great to be able to print boarding passes, etc. since I didn't bring my laptop. There is free wifi throughout the hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.We are delighted to know you had such a good time and were pleased with the hotel. The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff were friendly, helpful and assisted me to find my way. The location is only about 10 minutes from Times Square and subway is close. I booked last minute and got a great rate. Rooms were adequate size for NYC and very clean. Will be happy to return.

• Stayed June 2013
We appreciate your positive comments about the property and staff. Thank you very much and we are looking forward to see you back soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was amazed at how quiet it was and comfortable. It was really easy to get around from this location and the hotel did a great job. The rooms are small like many in NYC but very functional and as it is a new place, exceptionally clean. My only recommendation is to provide bottled water in the guest rooms. I am a Rewards member and really missed that!

Room Tip: I imagine they are all very similar
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
First of all we thank you for being our "Rewards Member" and yes we do take our guest's suggestions very seriously. Your suggestion about having "Water Bottles" in guest rooms are valid and consequently all are guest rooms now have water bottles. Thank you for your positive comments about the property and hope you see you soon.
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great experience. New, clean. good location. Huge complimentary breakfast. Stayed here with teenaged grandchildren who managed to lock us out of one of the rooms. Laura and Mustafa at the front desk were friendly and very helpful. I did not think it was possible to stay somewhere this nice for the money. Best deal in Manhattan. Try it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our Assistant Front Office Manager "Mustafah" and our excellent front desk agent "Laura" they are very much appreciated. Also we thank you for your positive comments about our Best Western Premier Herald Square, NYC. We hope to see you and your family back soon. Thank you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Herald Square? Share your experiences!