“Simply the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 810 Activities in New York City
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a FOUR hour sail along New York City's skyline aboard a classic sailboat! Narwhal Yacht Charters offers personal four hour charters (average charter size is less than 6 people) for only $125 per person. Picnic sandwiches, fruit, snacks, water, sodas, and ice are included. Convenient departure and drop off from Pier 25 in Lower Manhattan or Jersey City, NJ.
Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Simply the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was the highlight of one of many tours of New York City, in large part because of the super awesome captain Eric. The sail was splendid and Eric took every opportunity to make our experience special. If you are reading this you are probably in the same place we were before signing on. My advice? Book it!! It's an experience you won't forget.

• Polish first
“We LOVED our sail with Captain Eric!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a sunset cruise with Captain Eric as a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, and I'm sure glad I did! It was such a fantastic experience from start to finish, I highly recommend this to anyone looking for something different than other cruises New York has to offer. It was just myself, my boyfriend, and his parents on the cruise, so it's a very intimate setting, perfect for celebrations and special occasions.

Immediately upon arrival, Eric warmly welcomed us and offered us dramamine, in case we're prone to sea sickness. He also offered us snacks (sandwiches, chips, fresh fruit etc), blankets, hoodies, and access to his stereo, where I was able to plug in my own iPod. He even put our beer in his refrigerator for us! (the cruise is BYOB). Eric was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, giving us little tidbits of information about NYC, also happily answering the multitude of questions we had about sailing (we had a lot!)

Many "sailing" cruises keep the engines on, never fully providing an authentic sailing experience. Eric, however, not only gave us options of places to go to, but also turned his engines off, using the wind and the sails as they were intended to be used! This also let us drift peacefully through the water, allowing us to really enjoy the gorgeous views of the Manhattan skyline against the backdrop of a perfect sunset. Eric even let my boyfriend steer the boat!

Once again, this was such a unique, wonderfully intimate experience, I have every intention of repeating it in the future. Eric is warm, welcoming, and so hospitable, it was such a pleasure to have him as our captain! The sights are also incredible and the cruise was a very fun way to see New York from a different perspective.

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Amazing, friendly,welcoming and breathtaking!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked the trip on board the Genesis as part of a first time trip to New York for me and as part of a 40th birthday surprise for my husband who is a seasoned visitor to New York! Firstly all I can say is wow! From the first email I sent to captain Eric the service was second to none! When we actually saw the yacht and got on board things kept getting better! Eric was warm, friendly and welcoming! He put us at ease and was happy to chat and show us the sights and his beautiful Genesis! Delicious sandwiches and snacks were provided and lovely warm blankets when it got cold! It was an amazing sunset cruise which I would and will be recommending to all who travel to New York and I am so lucky to have found Eric and had this
amazing trip with memories to cherish!!!!

New York
“We got engaged on Eric's amazing boat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Eric is wonderful and so is his boat! My fiancé worked closely with Eric to organize the timing, what he should bring, and where would be the best backdrop to pop the big Q. Eric was supportive, warm, and reassuring to my very nervous fiancé (I read through their emails after the fact). When I showed up he was so welcoming, offered food and beverages, and was conversational but also allowed us time on our own. I highly recommend going for a sail on Eric's boat and spending time with him! You won't regret it. We definitely will be back this summer!

“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went out with Captain Eric for the first time this season and had an outstanding time as always. He treats both veterans and newcomers to the Genesis to an amazing time. Go out even if the weather isn't perfect, we went out on a windy day and had the water to ourselves and Eric had plenty of blankets and sweatshirts.